INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id version changelogs and announcements  (Read 14672 times)

bjurry

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Id version changelogs and announcements
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2021, 01:43:48 pm »

You should be able to scroll the screen horizontally to see the full values.
There are 2 storage partitions, they are
/  the OS partition.
and
/export where media is stored.
The one we are concerned with is the / partition.
If that is full for some reason (a mistake with move/copy/rename dialog for example) MC will display the behavior you describe.

/ is at 23%
and / export is at 6%

so it seems this is not the cause…

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2021, 02:49:09 pm »

/ is at 23%
and / export is at 6%

so it seems this is not the cause…
The Id makes backups of the library in the Internal Storage smb share under LibraryBackup and PreviousLibraryBackup.
I suggest you copy those off into a safe place then on the Id main main do function 77 which will reset everything.
You can then use the library backup if necessary to restore your library.

bjurry

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:29 am »

Hi,
my Id displays the Id and MC versions displayed but MC is crashing about 1 minute after reboot. I can still see the text menu, but the UI of MC dissapears and I also no longer connect to the Id from my iPad or iMac.
Hi, while trying to connect through remote desktop, I realised that the Id had no ip address (that is also why I couldn't connect with Panel). Dis/reconnecting the ethernet cable did not change this, nor did a shutdown with the on/off button. After I however disconnected the power cable, did the Id reboot with ethernet connection to my modem... And since then no more crashes and works fine:-) Not sure what cause this network issue, but completely disconnecting from power did the trick.
ps: I though there was an upgrade for the Id beyond Id: 24.0.17     Media Center: 26.0.107-5     Engen: 1.0.69? I checked for Updates twice, but I'm staying on same version...

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2021, 08:19:13 am »

Hi, while trying to connect through remote desktop, I realised that the Id had no ip address (that is also why I couldn't connect with Panel). Dis/reconnecting the ethernet cable did not change this, nor did a shutdown with the on/off button. After I however disconnected the power cable, did the Id reboot with ethernet connection to my modem... And since then no more crashes and works fine:-) Not sure what cause this network issue, but completely disconnecting from power did the trick.
ps: I though there was an upgrade for the Id beyond Id: 24.0.17     Media Center: 26.0.107-5     Engen: 1.0.69? I checked for Updates twice, but I'm staying on same version...
That's odd behavior. Perhaps you got a power line surge that locked up the ethernet port.
Those are the current version numbers for Pre-NUC7 Id's.
You might try just tapping the power button if that ever happens again. It should do a soft shutdown after which you can pull the power cable and reconnect it which will reset everything.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2021, 12:18:03 pm »

Hi Bob,
Just seen this post and wondered what the situation is regarding that repair image which could work for all preNUC7 ID's ?
I'm concerned as you have started MC28 dev now and we still can't get onto MC27

Thanks
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up