INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need more Sata ports  (Read 1452 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
I need more Sata ports
« on: November 11, 2018, 08:46:11 am »

I need to add more Sata ports to my new HTPC. I want to install more hard drives in the case. The motherboard has six but I will need at least eight. Can someone recommend a PCIe 4 port expansion card that will work without issues? It will need to be SATA III 6gbs. I have been looking at reviews but the more I read the harder it is to make a decision. I do not want raid at this time.
Thanks
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

xpto

• Recent member
Re: I need more Sata ports
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 02:43:09 pm »

I need to add more Sata ports to my new HTPC. I want to install more hard drives in the case. The motherboard has six but I will need at least eight. Can someone recommend a PCIe 4 port expansion card that will work without issues? It will need to be SATA III 6gbs. I have been looking at reviews but the more I read the harder it is to make a decision. I do not want raid at this time.
Thanks

Hi 1maynard,

I'm using this card and could not be more satisfied:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AZ9T3OU/

4 internal SATA III ports on a PCIe card.

Cheap and solid.

xpto

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »

I use the trusty M1015 cards (must be flashed to IT Mode).  It will give you 2 x SFF Ports and with the breakout cables = 2 x 4 Sata Connections.  You can usually pick these up from EBay pretty inexpensively (some will even already be flashed for you). 
JRiver CEO Elect

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 05:32:35 pm »

Guys, thanks for the reply's. I was unsure what card would work the best based on many of the reviews I read. I will look into your suggestions. I can usually make things work on my computers, but I am far from any kind of an expert. I just keep plugging along and do my research to try to figure things out. I am really grateful for the help I have received on the JRiver forums when I ask for it. You guys are the greatest.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up