INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting and Rebuilding Libaries  (Read 4772 times)

SRT

• Recent member
Deleting and Rebuilding Libaries
« on: October 21, 2018, 12:14:42 pm »

JRiver is a great Program but I'm still struggling a bit with the basics!

I haven’t been able to Delete an entire JRiver Library of songs and then re-import them back into the Program.
I’ve tried both Crtl-A (Windows) selecting every Album, then hitting the Delete key. And also going through File/Library/Clear Library in JRiver to delete Libraries. That is not the problem I have having as deleting is easy.
There MUST be a proper way to delete the entire Media Center Library on the main screen and then re-import the music, but maybe not. At least, I haven’t found it yet.

When I try to Import, it basically refuses to bring in the selected Folders/Files.

The only way I’ve been successful is to Uninstall JRiver, Reinstall it and build the Library again from scratch. This works every time and isn’t a hardship as it is super-fast!

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

swiv3d

Re: Deleting and Rebuilding Libaries
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:31:25 pm »

I'm a little confused here, ctrl+a in windows then delete would delete all of the files and folders in the location you are in. The library in MC isn't the actual music files it is a databse showing the location of your media files and the tags relevant to each of them. So, clearing a library has nothing to do with deleting the actual files - it is just clearing the data stored in the MC database for that library. To clear a library you either do the File/Library/Clear Library or in the standard view if you click on the library in Playing from list you can then click the clear library button. As for reimporting your music make sure you haven't selected the ignore previously deleted files box in the import set up options.

SRT

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »

Thanks; it could be what you suggested as I was unaware there WAS an "Ignore Previously Deleted Files" box.

I will have a look.

SRT

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:03:50 pm »

That's all it was. The Ignore Box WAS selected.

Thanks very much it's working great!

paulrr01

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:02:15 pm »

If the library/database is cleared by this method (File/Library/Clear Library), how does MC then know which files were previously deleted?

Mistaj

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 01:22:28 am »

If a library is cleared and rebuilt, does it retain the cover changes and any changes to metadata

Palustris

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2021, 01:15:02 pm »

I'm not certain I understand these two  questions.  I hope this is the answer: only the library was deleted not any of the files or their associations, covers, etc.  When you build a new library it includes any changes that have been made to each individual file and displays them with their new associations, covers, etc.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 02:39:33 pm »

I've got to ask.  What are you trying to accomplish?  Is there a problem you are attempting to fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up