INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't scroll though fields for columns  (Read 742 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't scroll though fields for columns
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:36:20 pm »

Trying to add a column. In MC24 the selection list does not scroll down below what is displayed. I did not have that problem in MC23. This same problem also exists in trying to select a field to sort by when setting up a smartlist. In both cases i can only see the choices from fields beginning with 'A' through 'E' and the selector will not scroll down further. I am attaching a screenshot.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't scroll though fields for columns
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:39:28 pm »

In Windows at least, there are three four ways to find a field in a list like that;

1. Use the Scroll Wheel on the mouse. As you are using a Mac, you need to use the equivalent, which I think is a two finger swipe on the mouse surface. But it has been a while since I used one of those Mac mice.
2. You don't show the whole selection window in your image, but there should be a little down arrow (Disclosure Arrow) at the bottom of the list. Click that to scroll down.
3. When the selection window is open move your mouse down to highlight any field in the list. Don't click. It should show as highlighted. Now press the key for the first letter of the field you want to find, and MC will jump to that section of the list. i.e. Press key "G" to highlight "Genre". Once you are in another section of the list, you can scroll around or click any field to include the column in your View.
4. When the selection window is open move your mouse down to highlight any field in the list. Don't click. It should show as highlighted. Now use the down and up arrows to scroll through the list. You can also just scroll down from the top with the down arrow, and if flyout menus open, just use the left arrow to close them.

Also, the list will wrap from top to bottom, bottom to top. So to find the [Year] field, right-click to open the list, then press the up arrow once.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can't scroll though fields for columns
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 06:22:57 am »

1. And therein lies the problem, two finger swipe does not scroll the window.
2. The screen shot shows all of the window that is available. It oes not show the bottom of the list where the down arrow is. That's the problem.
3. Nope, does not work. I tried that.
4. AHA! That works. Thank you. You've solved my problem, though the developeres need to work on this UI glitch. Steps 1, 2, and 3 worked for me in MC23.
Pages: [1]   Go Up