INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) displays compilation tracks by Album Artist (A-Z), not by Track #  (Read 2261 times)

PageOne

has anyone come across this apparently pesky issue and figured out a workaround?

working with JRiver Media Center 23 (Mac) and the latest JRemote (iPhone) in tandem, i am attempting to display/list on JRemote/iPhone the tracks of a compilation album (e.g., "Dead Presidents" soundtrack album) in their proper order of Track #. (the first track on the original album is Sly Stone's "If You Want Me to Stay," so that track should belong first on the list.)

sounds simple enough, but, because i also like to include each compilation track's Album Artist in JRMC23, i run into difficulty with regard to the sequencing of tracks.

in other words: when i include in MC the tracks' various Album Artists by name--instead of using "various artists" or "multiple artists," this because i want the tracks to be included by and searchable in JRemote under Artist (e.g., Al Green)--the problem is that JRemote, under "Album-->Dead Presidents," lists the tracks in alphabetical order by Album Artist and not by Track #. (therefore, Al Green's "Tired of Being Alone," even though it's the 11th track on the album, appears first on the list, followed by Aretha Franklin's track, et cetera.)

this means, for instance, that i cannot, from JRemote/iPhone, start playing a compilation album and hear its tracks from beginning to end (e.g., Track 1 thru Track 18) as sequenced on the original album.

so my question is, under these circumstances, does the JRemote user need to choose between: A) listing compilation tracks in proper order of Track # versus B) having the compilation tracks appear within each Artist's name (instead of as one of many "various artists")? i would hope not, but, for the life of me, i can't seem to achieve both of these goals at the same time.

(final note: as the compilation tracks can and do appear in the proper order on JRiver 23, i can initiate playback from the Mac and all works fine--but i like the convenience of JRemote and would like to continue using it with the proper playback of compilation albums if at all possible.)

happy to provide more info if needed; thanks in advance for any/all feedback. (i am brand new to the forum and relatively new to JRiver; already i am much appreciative of both.)

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck

In the options menu go to media network settings --> advanced --> customize views for JRemote --> select the view you wish to edit (e.g. albums) --> set rules for file display --> modify results --> sort by: whatever hierarchy you want (e.g. tracks, then by filename, then by file type, etc.)

PageOne

oh, wow--that's brilliant and it works perfectly. hope it can help others as well. a million thanks to carlismysecondname!!

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck

Both Theater View and JRemote are extremely customizable esp. when used with regular expressions. Believe it or not, it took me a couple years before I realized it, and finally having the time to play around with the settings. I mostly just ignored those two features for the better part of 2 or 4 years... can't exactly remember. They aren't by any means perfect for all use case scenarious (and there are some areas that could use improvement); but, as of yet, I don't know of any software out there that's nearly as customizable as JRiver.

*BTW, don't forget that you need to restart JRiver and the media server to see your changes take effect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up