Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging  (Read 908 times)

danhardison

• Recent member
Tagging
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:25:19 pm »

I'm using MC24.0.55 for linux. Either I'm doing it wrong, or tagging has changed. When I go to enter Artist, for example, it only lets me type one letter, then it brings up a list of all the artists I have in my library starting with that letter. But what if I am trying to add an artist I have never had before? It won't let me type the whole name. What am I doing wrong?

Dan

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:35:31 am »

I'm using MC24.0.55 for linux. Either I'm doing it wrong, or tagging has changed. When I go to enter Artist, for example, it only lets me type one letter, then it brings up a list of all the artists I have in my library starting with that letter. But what if I am trying to add an artist I have never had before? It won't let me type the whole name. What am I doing wrong?

Dan
Have you been using the linux build? If so, When did you notice a change in the behavior? A build of MC or a change in your platform?

The current build works here fine on the Debian linux. There was an issue with this in the past on Ubuntu but it was corrected.

danhardison

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

I think I noticed it as soon as I went to version 24 (linux). I have two Debian machines, one Stretch and one Jessie and it's happening on both.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:44:15 am »

I think I noticed it as soon as I went to version 24 (linux). I have two Debian machines, one Stretch and one Jessie and it's happening on both.
I can't reproduce this yet on my Jessie and Stretch XFCE desktop machines. What are you using for a desktop?

danhardison

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 09:33:05 pm »

I've got KDE on Stretch and whatever the default is with Jessie, Gnome? I didn't know how to change desktops back then so it's whatever came out of the box.

So it sounds like no one else is reporting this? I've been putting up with it for ages thinking it would be fixed eventually. Should I send screenshots?
Pages: [1]   Go Up