INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: low volume after enabling convolution, cannot achieve preferred volume levels  (Read 1353 times)

dutchtexan

Hello,

I used DRC to establish convolution filers in JRiver 23. I had to enable volume leveling to prevent severe clipping of the signal. I use an HDMI connection from my CAPS3 to Marantz 8802A. Before enabling Convolution I was listening at average volume level -24. since convolution I have to use around volume level -12 to reach similar levels. However, with pre-loudness war music I find that I have to go much higher in volume but I cannot go beyond 0 on the Marantz. If I would enable volume leveling the problem would only be worse. I have system volume disabled. But any of the volume settings give me the same problem. Is there a way to create more headroom without disabling convolution? I have a feeling there has to be a way but I simply cannot figure it out. Hope to hear from fellow users soon.

All the best.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

this suggests your filter is cutting heavily overall, is it? i.e. what is the frequency response of your filter?

dutchtexan

Hello,

I do not know how to measure the frequency response of the filter. I have installed REW and I own XZT measuring kit. How do i go about measuring the response of the filter?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Our wiki has a topic on convolution, but that's probably a REW question.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

Hello,

I do not know how to measure the frequency response of the filter. I have installed REW and I own XZT measuring kit. How do i go about measuring the response of the filter?
The software you use to create the filter would usually show you the frequency response of that filter. What are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up