INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of the Id?  (Read 946 times)

trajanmcgill

• Recent member
Status of the Id?
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:19:47 pm »

Is the Id considered a full, production-ready thing, or sort of a beta product for enthusiasts who want to play with challenging but cool things? I ask because I'm working out solutions to expand my home system's reach throughout the house, but I found to my surprise when I went looking for Id details or how to buy it, there is nothing anywhere on the main JRiver.com web site about it. It isn't even mentioned, much less offered for sale. Or if it is, it is buried deep somewhere. People browsing what JRiver has to offer are never going to know it exists. You have to go looking in the forums and the Wiki to find that it is out there. Is that intentional, or just due to web site outdated-ness?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Status of the Id?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:36:24 pm »

The Id has its own web page:
https://jriver.com/Id/
You'll fine purchase advice there.

Unless you've got a very tough definition of "beta", that's not what the Id is.

I think you're right about finding the page above. It doesn't appear (from a quick look) to be an obvious link from the home page.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

trajanmcgill

• Recent member
Re: Status of the Id?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »

Unless you've got a very tough definition of "beta", that's not what the Id is.
Okay, that's what I thought. I'm evaluating assorted options for inexpensively enhancing my system and thought that should be among the things I looked at. Also thought it was worth suggesting that if JRiver wants to sell many of them, making them visible to web site visitors as one of the products they offer would be an important step.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up