INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Management with MC24  (Read 778 times)

clpetersen

• Recent member
Library Management with MC24
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:14:07 pm »

I am using using the library file rename tool to organize tagged albums according to [Genre]/[Album Artist (auto)]/[Album], which is working well, but quite often the jpeg artwork and pdf liner notes are left behind in the original folder (but not always).

-note that the box to move all associated files is checked.

It is tedious to go back to the original folders and manually move the artwork and associated files over.

- many of the rips were done using either XLD or dBPoweramp before JRiver offered ripping tools for Mac.

How to fix?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Management with MC24
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:12:58 am »

There's a check box that says "include all files in directory including non imported files" .  You mention a box for "associated files" , which I've never seen.  Maybe you mean the one I'm talking about?

I have used that check box quite a few times and it has always worked for me.  I always know when it works because after RM&C is done, MC pops up a dialog box saying something like "that directory that I just moved files from is empty now.  Do you want me to delete it?" .  I say yes and then the directory is deleted.  If it still had files in it, that wouldn't work.

Maybe a screen shot would help clarify what you are seeing and what options you are using.

Brian.

clpetersen

• Recent member
Re: Library Management with MC24
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 12:17:10 pm »

Thanks Brian - that is the check box I meant. Yes, I also get the message asking to delete now-empty folders. However, any folders that had a jpeg or pdf inside are not emptied (and not deleted). I have to manually move these remaining files. I will take some screen shots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up