INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Not now running on ID  (Read 995 times)

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
MC Not now running on ID
« on: November 02, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »

Hi Guys,
I went to play some music this evening after a break of a about a week and found my JRemote not able to connect to my ID with MC24
I switched the tele over to view the ID output (HDMI) and found that there is this panel displaying instead of MC running.
It just has media center and logo stuff with a line saying 'please use the ID menu for licencing' there is just a 'continue' button beneath this.
Click Continue does nothing and a few seconds later the panel is displayed again.
All my licencing was uptodate as it was working and has been for years now. (Did the MC24 update a few months ago with the iD firmware update too, all fine after that)

I have run an update and the version is now currently at MC 24.0.56.

Can any one tell me how to resolve please. I have tried the normal soft and hard reboots

Thanks
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC Not now running on ID
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:50:03 am »

Hi Guys,
Anyone help with this please, its awful quiet here with no music !!!

I'm assuming this panel is normally displayed in transition to the normal MC but something has hung.
Don't know how to proceed so could do with some pointers.
There is no media on my ID as this is all on a NAS. So if I have to reinstall could do that, but not sure I have the correct full MC24 install software.

As I say some help would be usefull.

Regards
Trev.
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:09 pm »

I believe some updates require the re-entering your Id Licence key which you should have on an email when you purchased the Id. The pain with the Id is that you cannot copy and paste the licence key so you have to use option !8 on the Id main menu and key in the licence key trying not to mix up 1's and I's or O's and 0's. May be better if you reboot the Id in headless mode and use option 18 from there.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 04:55:51 pm »

Hi
That appears to have done the job. I wasn't aware of conducting any updates prior to the initial display of the panel.
I'll keep an eye it to see what happens.

Thanks for posting, I can listen to some music now . . . yippee!
Regards
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Pages: [1]   Go Up