INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Import/Export Parametric EQ settings  (Read 3766 times)

trl

• Recent member
Unable to Import/Export Parametric EQ settings
« on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:54 am »

Hello,

In MC20 I could save/load EQ settings on the local disc, then use them in Win/Linux/OSX, now in MC23 I can't do that anymore, quite frustrating. :(
I want to use the Parametric EQ setting from my Windows desktop to an iMac, so besides using PrintScreen and doing all the settings from scratch for each frequency, is there an alternative? I got all of my headphones settings for each DAC and headamp I'm using...so lot of settings, can anyone help me out here, please?

Thank you!

L.E.: Registry export is not an option here, given the different OS.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to Import/Export Parametric EQ settings
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 10:34:27 am »

Hello,

In MC20 I could save/load EQ settings on the local disc, then use them in Win/Linux/OSX, now in MC23 I can't do that anymore, quite frustrating. :(
I want to use the Parametric EQ setting from my Windows desktop to an iMac, so besides using PrintScreen and doing all the settings from scratch for each frequency, is there an alternative? I got all of my headphones settings for each DAC and headamp I'm using...so lot of settings, can anyone help me out here, please?

Thank you!

L.E.: Registry export is not an option here, given the different OS.
Where is that save to disc in MC20? I can't find it..

trl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 11:52:01 pm »

I've uninstalled MC20, but it was the same Load/Save button. However, I got all of my previous EQs saved on MyDocuments and I can import them with ease in MC23, but I got few headphones and speakers purchased recently and I just can't save the new EQ on the disc, when pressing SAVE it saves the settings in Registry instead of opening Explorer/Finder and ask me for a location on the local disc, Now I need to do one PrintScreen per frequency, so...5 to 8 PrintScreens per headphones/speakers, which is kinda lame (I have different Q's, so one PrntScrn/freq is the right way).

Tried to export from the Registry and create TXT files, but it's really complicated and time consuming. I personally don't consider an "upgrade" cancelling disc saving in favor of Registry for the Parametric EQ, at least not for me. :(

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:01:54 am »

I can't see any way to save them to a file in MC20, when I go to do that it just saves to the registry with no file browser popping up to allow a save to file option.
The General settings are saved under the library backups so the parametric EQ settings are in there but other than using the settings files during an upgrade or library restore I don't any generic file save/loads.

trl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 01:10:11 pm »

Wondering if this feature of exporting/importing EQ parameters can get added in a future version.

Meanwhile, I can't find a better way to "export/import" these settings but through [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 23\Zone Presets\], which is not desirable.

Thank you!

trl

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:50:42 pm »

@JimH, is the Parametric EQ import/export option available on MC28,  please?

Thank you!

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 04:23:58 am »

@JimH, is the Parametric EQ import/export option available on MC28,  please?

Thank you!

DSP (not just peq) import/export was added in mc27

trl

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 11:39:21 pm »

Many thanks, just pre-ordered MC28 now and I've also installed MC27 and indeed there're "Load From File" and "Save To File" options in the Presets menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up