INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artwork or the lack of it.  (Read 828 times)

Wixxy

• Recent member
Artwork or the lack of it.
« on: November 10, 2018, 03:10:59 pm »

:) So MC 24 goes to the internet to get artwork if there is none. Fair enough. But my problem is that when I drag and drop flac or wav files to my Pono player from my external hard drive (which houses the music played on MC24) oftentimes the artwork doesn't turn up. Sometimes you can get the artwork from the internet and drag and drop it into the file on the Pono player. But this doesn't always work and is time consuming. I know it's a small annoyance and rather OCD of me. But it irks me somewhat. Surely each cd, no matter how old has the cover artwork in it somewhere? Is there a way of telling MC24 to be a good chap and share the artwork with the external hard drive as well as it's own artwork library?
Thanks for indulging me.
Wixxy ;D

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Artwork or the lack of it.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:44:02 am »

To add artwork if all else fails, I do a Google Images search, save it to a folder.  Then go to Cover Art and Add from file and point it to the file you just downloaded

If there is a choice of pictures, I always choose the largest one since it is usually sharper
If music be the food of love, play on

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:42:50 am »

Surely each cd, no matter how old has the cover artwork in it somewhere?

The cover art for a CD is nowhere to be found on an Audio CD.  The audio CD just contains the music in CDDA format (to be played on CD players).  Cover art comes from external sources.  Many times these are scans of an actual cover.  Other times they come from a band official web site or other source.

MC's treatment and handling of artwork is a little bit complex because it can be stored in several places.  I'm not 100% sure how the Pono handles artwork, but I do know one thing:  Pono can read artwork that is embedded inside FLAC files.

This is the best way to be sure that your cover art and music files stay together:  Put the artwork INSIDE the FLAC file!  That way they are one and the same.  How do you do this?  Check this option in MC:

Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Also store image in the file's tag > (check)

This will make all future cover art saves go inside the FLAC files themselves.  But I'm guessing you have hundreds or thousands of files that do not have their art stored inside them.  You can update those files by highlighting them, then:  <right click> Library Tools > Update Tags (from library)

That should embed any existing cover art inside the file.  Test this on a single file.  Then do a whole album.  If that works ok, I would do something like 20 to 30 albums at a time and update them all. 

Going forward this should be automatic, as long as you have the option to store art inside the file checked.  Note that this will work great with FLACs, but not with some other file types like MP3 and WAV.

Good luck.

Brian.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:24:36 am »

MP3 can store the album art inside also. WAV can't.

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up