INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avoid playing now from open  (Read 1397 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Avoid playing now from open
« on: November 13, 2018, 11:08:19 am »

Hi
I have MC 22 and Windows 10 professional.
I am very annoyed about that Playing now always opens when I start MC. I then always close it down because I always play from main library. So I donīt need to be reminded on that.
Is there any way to avoid that? Some setting maybe? I have not found anything myself.

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Avoid playing now from open
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:03:47 pm »

"Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location" must be set to "Playing Now".

Change it to where you want MC to start. Maybe "Audio".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Captor

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 11:04:01 am »

Dear RoderickGI,

Thank you very much! Very appreciated.
Yes, there are many options in MC that I havenīt have the time to try out yet. Very nice that you help out :-)

Captor
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:11:21 am »

Damn, now it open again! It did not help.
First it look fine but then after 2 minutes Playing now open again. It look like the printscreen.

About the setting: Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location was set to "Playing Now" so
I changed that to "Audio" right?
And then OK and out of options.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 11:17:10 am »

My wish is to open like this attached picture. Please see below.
But maybe that is not possible?

PS. I have already try "Last Location" too.
JRiver for music

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 06:55:06 pm »

Ah, you meant that Playing Now is automatically expanding to show its contents in the Navigation Tree on the left when you open MC.

I thought you meant that MC was opening to Playing Now in a tab on the right, in the main MC window.

Even the latest version of MC24 does that. There are no settings I know of that will stop it, and I don't know if it always did that, or started doing it some time back. Obviously before MC22. I suspect it is due to MC checking for DLNA Renderers, Zones, and other MC installations on the network, but I can't be sure. If you are using multiple Zones, or have Media Network enabled in MC, that may be making it happen.

At least one user agrees that it is annoying though, as mentioned here:
+ Do not auto-expand Playing Now, I've never found the things it exposes to be useful at that time, it just clutters the left column.

Perhaps something can be done to stop this happening, now that you have raised it as well. That would be up to JRiver developers.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Captor

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 11:07:17 am »

Dear Rederick,

Yes that is what I meant, sorry for explaining badly. Next time I have a question I will attach a picture the first.
I am not using multiple Zones, or having Media Network enabled. So it look like MC is doing this bu default.
Yeah, it would be nice if they can do something about this. It clutters the left column as MusicHawk wrote before.
I did not find his topic before. There was obviously no solution that time but I will read it anyway. Thank you.
And thanks for trying. It is very appreciated.

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up