INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New JRiver upgrade for an old IMac OSX 10.8.4  (Read 661 times)

maurip

New JRiver upgrade for an old IMac OSX 10.8.4
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:16 am »

Hi there.
Is technically possible and worth doing this new JRiver upgrade (24?) for an old IMac OSX 10.8.4,
I have this version of Mac (late 2006) with an old JRiver version ( dont know which one) which I have
used for one year so far.
Now I have been offered to update to 24 version. Can I do that and is it worth the cost?
cheers
Mu

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New JRiver upgrade for an old IMac OSX 10.8.4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 04:56:41 pm »

I can't remember what the current requirements are for MC for OS X.  I kinda think it's OS X 10.9, but I'm drawing a blank.

The good news is, you can download it and run it for 30 days as a fully functional trial.  So you'll know right away if it will run for you or not and it won't cost you anything to try!

Is it worth it?  I like all the little enhancements and fixes that are included in every new version of MC, and ongoing as they develop a particular version.  So for me it's worth it.  There are a few "major features" here and there.  For example, MC21 introduced Video support, which was a big deal for me.  At some point in 22 or 23, we got Theater View for MC for Mac, which was kind of a big deal too.

It will depend upon what's important to you out of MC whether or not it's worth it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up