INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set Up Radio Stations on MC 24 for Mac so they can be seen and used on JR Remote  (Read 1043 times)

Owl

Under the title "Connected Media" I can see some old instructions on how to create a "Radio Stations" entry in the root of the library and have done that (kind of). I have two streaming stations that i can play from the "Streaming" section of the library but I can't see how to get them into the "Radio Station" section that I've created. Specifically I can't find out from the documentation or from a lot of fiddling how to change the "Media Sub Type" to "Radio Station" and I can't see how to edit the rules in the Radio Station section of the library to search for and list "Radio Station".

I tried one suggestion I found on line - right click the playing media then "Export to Library" but it gave no choices about what section to export it to and it just seemed to end up overwriting the existing "Streaming" entry.

Can anyone please tell me how to get streaming radio stations into a Radio Stations section of the library in MC for Mac version 24.0.56 or direct me to some up to date documentation please?

Owl

FalkiD

• Recent member

On MC24 for Windows I created a Playlist called "Radio Stations", then I was able to add my various radioStation1.pls or radioStation2.m3u (old files from WinAmp) into the playlist by dragging & dropping. This has worked fine for years. Just now I'm having no success at all with adding files to my "Radio Stations" playlist in MC24 on Linux(Ubuntu 18.04). I get the message in the console "JRBasicWnd::OnUserMessage - Unhandled User Message! wParam = 83886081, lParam = 0" with vairous wParam/lParam's. Funny to see that nomenclature in a Linux program. (I'm an old Win32 guy).
Does anybody know if Playlists work in the Linux version yet? It seems not.

Also, why is it so difficult to get support? I've logged into the Forum but can't locate the "post" button to save my life. The best I can do is offer some info, and my own question, to someone else's (related) question. I've only been writing desktop software for 30+ years, I should be able to find my way around a forum! Maybe I'm losing my marbles...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Use the New Topic button on the index page.

manzano804

Good morning , i havenīt been able to find a way to contact JRiver staff so i am asking here if someone can help me with this issue. I am currently using Audirvana Player but i want to shift to JRiver cause i will be using a convolution filter , but first i want to try the Trial version to see how it behaves , however i downloaded it and it says  " The trial period has expired " , so i guess some time ago i downloaded it but didnīt try it , is there any way i can acces the trial version again ?
Thanks

FalkiD

• Recent member

I appreciate the reply:

"Use the New Topic button on the index page."

But: WHERE THE HECK IS THE "Index Page" ?? It's not in the menu I'm looking at:
HOME
HELP
SEARCH
MY MESSAGES
CALENDAR
MEMBERS
LOGOUT
And it doesn't seem to be under any of those, although it must be there somewhere...

1) MC24 System Volume mode no longer controls the overall system volume.

2) MC24 updated itself and no longer runs. I've put back MC20 for now.

JimH

• Administrator

The index page is probably up one level from where you are.  Start at the top level and choose the MC24 Mac board.

You could also try Help > Posting.

The wiki has a topic on volume:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume

FalkiD

• Recent member

Thanks again for your reply. I'm just a frustrated loyal customer at the moment. I'll follow your advice carefully. I have already  spent time searching around, and I have already visited the forum Help. I'll do so again.

JimH

• Administrator

JimH

• Administrator

For MC24, download and install, then restore your MC24 license.   https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

FalkiD

• Recent member

I see now, I must choose one of the "sections" from the main entry point(Mac/Win/Linux, etc). I had been clumsily searching from the very top without much luck.
Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up