INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astell & Kern on Mac  (Read 2168 times)

al1947

• World Citizen
Astell & Kern on Mac
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »

Anyone having any luck connecting MC24 with Astell & Kern players on a Mac?

A&Ks do not mount as a drive in Mac, unlike Windows. The Android File Transfer app for Mac does transfers but doesn't mount the player as a drive. SyncMate does mount my player, which lets me set it up as a device in MC24. But it doesn't sustain the connection and the sync/transfer with MC24 fails.

mille162

Re: Astell & Kern on Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 06:19:58 pm »

I am having same issues with my AK380 and jriver.  I have yet to find a way for jriver to see it and sync.  Android transfer does not organize well, fails to load album artwork and lyrics and is generally a PITA was to do it.

mille162

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 09:51:30 am »

BTW, jriver does recognize SD card (Samsung 256gb, FAT32), labels it "Apple Built In SDXC Reader (/Volumes/SDcard/).  In jriver it shows 58.8GB of data, shows it was synced, shows all the music files I expect. 

On the SD card, there is a single file "ç¦~᧲ø¾.bߟ"

Card is ejected and installed in AK380, card is not recognized by AK380 at all.

clear the card, manually drag and drop music folders onto SD card and install in AK380 and I get an error "external device not recognized".  Have tried above multiple times with reformatting card on laptop as well as in the ak380, makes no difference.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:19:29 am »

A tech at Eltima says SyncMate is not capable of supporting sync via MC24. So that's out.

Astell & Kern says nothing is in the works for additional Mac support. All they have to suggest is Eltima's Commander One, which in the paid ("Pro") version will recognize A&K players, but does not mount them in Finder. It is, however, a somewhat more robust file transfer tool than Android File Transfer. It's $20, but double that if you want permanent upgrade rights.

So I continue to be unable to find a solution that allows for syncing my A&K with MC24 on Mac. I have to fall back on a very clunky workaround -- use MC24 in a virtual Windows 10 machine (Parallels Desktop) to sync the internal memory, then back in Mac, putting the micro SD card into the card reader and syncing it with MC24 that way. However, that leaves problems with respect to keeping the Mac and Windows MC24 libraries in sync and also in generating playlist files in a format that the A&K player will recognize.

If the JRiver team is reading this thread: Are you looking at any solutions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up