INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete libraries  (Read 1289 times)

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
Delete libraries
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:01:43 pm »

In the library view there are several libraries. One of them is empty and the shown path seems to be from MC 23 (thats's long deleted after installing MC24. Is there any possibility to delete this library the contextual menu doesn't work with that file (delete isn't highlighted).
Frank

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Delete libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:31:51 pm »

I had this happen a LONG time ago with earlier versions of MC for Mac.  It didn't want to delete some libraries from it's list.  MC won't delete a currently loaded library.  You have to load a different one instead.  I believe it also REALLY doesn't like to delete the library name "Main Library". 

You might try renaming that library to something else first and then deleting it.  I think I did weird stuff last time and edited one of the INI files.  I DO NOT RECOMMEND you try this.  I had good backups and was willing to experiment.

Brian.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 12:17:28 am »

I hoped that the appended snapshot would show what I meant.
The library that I wanted to delete (an old MC 23 library) has been renamed in "main library empty"
and is not the active one but there is no possibility to delete the library.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:55:22 pm »

I've been reporting this problem since June 2017. Nobody seems to know how to fix it. My list of zombie libraries (old, nonexistent, undeletable) is up to four now.

It is, after all, a First World Problem, so I'm not losing sleep over it.  :)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 07:43:14 am »

I'm relatively certain you can make MC do this by editing the ini file.  Again, make backups and do this at your own risk.

Another way to do it, might be easier:  Say you have library O and library G.  (That's the (O)ld library and the (G)ood library)

You want to get rid of O and keep G, but MC won't let you delete O.  So just transfer G over to O. 

Back up G.  Remember where you put the backup file.  Switch libraries over to O.  Now restore into O from the G backup.  Now O and G are the same.  CONFIRM THIS.  Now all you have to do is delete G and then rename O to G.  That should do it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up