INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! New to jriver for video and can’t play files  (Read 1123 times)

Rfglock

Help! New to jriver for video and can’t play files
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:10:04 pm »

Hello! 

I have been using jriver for years for audio but just trying to use video for the first time.  I have mc23 and I’m using an external hard drive.  Mc successfully found my movies and pulled them into the library.  Unfortunately when I try and watch a movie I get an error for all movies.  “Something went wrong with playback.  failed to open or parse file.”

Interestingly if I go to the file directly from file manager on my computer and choose open with jriver the movies play just fine. 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help! New to jriver for video and can’t play files
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 06:26:27 pm »

Very strange that it works one way, but not the other.

Usually, it means that some component hasn't been downloaded for video, which a firewall could be preventing. Or there is a mismatch between the audio in the file and the audio output device in MC. But if either was the case, it probably wouldn't work from Windows Explorer (File Manager).

Update video drivers, motherboard and other audio drivers.
What version of Windows are you using? Be specific.
When it plays successfully from File Manager, what does the MC Audio Path show?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Rfglock

Re: Help! New to jriver for video and can’t play files
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:47 pm »

Thanks for the reply!  I stepped out for happy hour.  I’ll check when I get back
Pages: [1]   Go Up