INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Management of existing Tags  (Read 613 times)

Jons

• Recent member
Management of existing Tags
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:17:29 pm »

I could not find an entry for managing tags so here is a general question.  After editing tags on my files for about a week, I have found that I have a few misspellings in the tag list, for example there are two entries for a conductor, one spelled correctly one is not.  To avoid putting the wrong spelling in new files when I update conductor, I would like to remove the misspelled entry in the list of names in the list for conductor.

Is there a place I can do this, such as manage/edit tags in the list, not for a specific file or group of files?
Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Management of existing Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 05:20:25 pm »

Any tags that are in the list are tags that are present in one or more of your files.  So what you want to do is find these files and then correct the misspelled tags.  This should be pretty easy.

Just type the misspelling into the search box.  That should find all of the wrong tags for that particular misspelling.  Then highlight them, open the Tag Action Window, and change them all at once.  You can just pull down the list and select the correct spelling.  Once you've done this, the misspelled tag should be gone, because you've replaced this wrong spelling with the correct one, in all affected files.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up