INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Streaming Converts Format + Will Not Play Gapless!  (Read 2595 times)

PapiChulo

• Recent member
DLNA Streaming Converts Format + Will Not Play Gapless!
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:20:37 pm »

Just got my SONY home stereo receiver connected to my desktop computer MC21 via DLNA and it works beautifully...except for two major flaws that I believe are related:

1) My receiver will accept FLAC, WAV, MP3...basically ANY music file format. However, when I play a FLAC file to the receiver, the display shows it is being converted to MP3 @ 320 kbs. I have gone into the MC21 settings and set it to NEVER convert format - so what is going on?  If I play any native MP3 files at different bit rates,  there is no conversion - and the display shows the proper bit rate.

2) If I play a FLAC album with gapless track number changes (the last side of "Abbey Road" for example), there is a one-second gap inserted between tracks, which totally disrupts the music. Again, I have all the settings made to allow gapless playback.  If I play the same album with MC21 locally on my home PC - it plays flawlessly - with no gaps inserted between tracks. What the heck???

I think that the gap might be introduced because of the transcoding from FLAC to MP3...the system is handling one track at a time and it takes a second for it to transcode and/or settle in.

Can somebody PLEASE help me with these problems?

THANK YOU

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA Streaming Converts Format + Will Not Play Gapless!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:23:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  In MC, you can edit the server and select the conversion you want.  Select Original.

PapiChulo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 01:29:15 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  In MC, you can edit the server and select the conversion you want.  Select Original.

Thanks. Is this a different setting than the one already made in TOOLS>OPTIONS>MEDIA NETWORK??

Can you please point me to where I can modify the server settings...I cant find it!

PapiChulo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:45 pm »

Thanks. Is this a different setting than the one already made in TOOLS>OPTIONS>MEDIA NETWORK??

Can you please point me to where I can modify the server settings...I cant find it!

JimH, I found the DLNA server settings and switched to "original format." Success in playing FLACS to the receiver! However...I still have those pesky gaps in between gapless tracks. I tried format PCM16 and also PCM L16 NO Header...didn't make a difference.

Any advice???
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 03:06:09 pm »

DLNA doesn't usually support gapless.   

PapiChulo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 10:53:23 pm »

DLNA doesn't usually support gapless.

What a bummer, I was tearing my hair out to try and make it work. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up