INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did my subtitles go?  (Read 648 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Where did my subtitles go?
« on: December 25, 2018, 07:53:46 am »

I just finished copying my movie library to an external USB drive as a back-up.  I used the Move Relocate & Copy utility in MC.  I just tried playing one of my foreign films and the subtitles don't appear to be in my new back-up library.  What happened to them?  When I copied files, I copied the video, sidecar and cover art files (all the files that were in each movie folder).

blgentry

Re: Where did my subtitles go?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:24:51 pm »

Many times, subtitles are included inside the video file.  Other times, there is a separate file with an extension something like ".srt" . If they are inside the file (as I suspect they are), MC usually does not play them by default.  You have to select them.  Then, after you select them, MC memorizes your setting and will show subtitles on that file next time.  To select subtitles, right click on the video and select from the menu.  Or use the up arrow to cycle through the various options and find the subtitles in that set of menus.

Brian.

macdonjh

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:03:32 pm »

What I tried:
Start playing the movie.
>Tools >Options >Video >Subtitles & Language >Show subtitles in selected language if available

And today it works.  Go figure.

Edit: Solved.  If I'd read the "fine print" at the bottom of the Options pop-up I'd have know than the changes do not take effect until after playback has been stopped and restarted.  I was trying to turn subtitles on with the movie playing.

macdonjh

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:06:18 pm »

I forgot about right-clicking.  That is so much simpler.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up