INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send To Handheld - Audio Conversion - specified output format when necessary  (Read 751 times)

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck

I have accumulated a large number of albums in various compressed formats: mp3, wma, m4a mainly - plus my main library which is flac (used to be lossless WMA). In the old pre-flac and pre-MC days, I used Windows Media Player which could be set to convert lossless WMA to VBR (or whatever) when syncing the handheld. If the format was already compressed, it wouldn't convert.
Then along came flac and while WMP will (now) play flac, it does not convert - so I was getting flac on my Windows phone and that wouldn't play flac. So I used MC24 to sync compressed albums and JRiver to convert and sync flac into VBR mp3.

Now I have an Android phone and WMP automatically converts anything I send to it to WMA which Play won't, er, play.

So now I'm trying to complete setting up MC24 to sync all file types to my Android phone. What I am trying to achieve is !if this is already a compressed filetype, don't convert. If it is flac (or uncompressed), then look in conversion cache and use that. If it doesn't exist, convert it.

I hoped the setting called "specified format when necessary" (for MP3 Encoder) would do it but it doesn't - e.g. it will transfer a flac file without conversion. Have I missed a setting somewhere or have I misinterpreted "when necessary"?

Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

"When necessary" converts only files that the target device does not support. If your phone reports that it supports FLAC, then that format will not be converted.

You can customize the formats that MC knows it supports and remove FLAC for example, in the Handheld setting go to "Files, Paths & More" and edit the "Supported Types" at the end.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

swiv3d

The easiest option is to select specified format and choose mp3. Just my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up