INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two different servers on one instance of JRiver?  (Read 611 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Two different servers on one instance of JRiver?
« on: December 30, 2018, 08:03:31 pm »

Is it possible to set up two servers on one instance of JRiver?  Here's what I want - and there may be a much easier way to do it:  I want a separate server for FLAC and one for MP3.  Here's the reason - some of my hardware doesn't allow me the option to search by folder so when I want "Pet Sounds", for instance, I get the MP3 version and the FLAC version and there's no way to tell the difference (and I want to listen to the FLAC, but my MP3 folder is pretty much a duplicate of my FLAC file).
So I was thinking of having two separate servers set up, each one with a unique key code, one for MP3 and one for FLAC. 
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Drew

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two different servers on one instance of JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »

you can't do two servers on one JRiver unfortunately

one way is to change the album name (i.e. -mp3).  another way is to get different hardware :)

i have this issue with WDTV, it's hard to browse.  i mostly use chromecasts or other devices that i can control with my phone and a remote/panel now and avoid this one entirely.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:37:53 pm »

Is it possible to set up two servers on one instance of JRiver?  Here's what I want - and there may be a much easier way to do it:  I want a separate server for FLAC and one for MP3.  Here's the reason - some of my hardware doesn't allow me the option to search by folder so when I want "Pet Sounds", for instance, I get the MP3 version and the FLAC version and there's no way to tell the difference (and I want to listen to the FLAC, but my MP3 folder is pretty much a duplicate of my FLAC file).
So I was thinking of having two separate servers set up, each one with a unique key code, one for MP3 and one for FLAC. 
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Drew

You can show mp3 or flac a an option of the file. You can sort for flac or mp3

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 04:03:24 pm »

Why not set up a new library which contains only your flac files and use that to listen to your music? Can I ask why you are including the duplicate mp3 files in your library - it seems unnecessary?
Pages: [1]   Go Up