INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organize playlists and smartlists (in tree) without drag-and-drop?  (Read 2499 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I know drag-and-drop is still a WIP, but my playlists/smartlists have gotten completely out of control after a few years on the Linux builds. Is there an alternative way to organize existing playlists and smartlists in the tree without dragging and dropping (e.g., keyboard shortcuts, theater view, mcws, editing the database files directly)?

As I was typing, I just realized that perhaps I can backup/restore in a Windows VM and do my rearranging there as a last resort. Regardless, is there a Linux solution for this?

bob

• Administrator
Re: Organize playlists without drag-and-drop?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:35:10 am »

In list view there is are move up and  move down buttons that you can use to move single or groups of files up or down in the playlist.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 08:41:54 am »

In list view there is are move up and  move down buttons that you can use to move single or groups of files up or down in the playlist.

Sorry I wasn't clear Bob, I was referring to the playlists and smartlists displayed in the tree. I use a convoluted series of nested playlist groups to organize my playlists by mood and date.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:49:00 am »

Sorry I wasn't clear Bob, I was referring to the playlists and smartlists displayed in the tree. I use a convoluted series of nested playlist groups to organize my playlists by mood and date.
I see, just tried it on windows, I've not done that before.
I don't know if that can be done similar but if it could, how about a logic like move up/move down move in/move out ?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 08:56:24 am »

I see, just tried it on windows, I've not done that before.
I don't know if that can be done similar but if it could, how about a logic like move up/move down move in/move out ?

That would be great! It's not something I do often so it's OK if it's a bit tedious as long as the functionality is there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up