INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No file browsing in jremote nor Panel  (Read 595 times)

uutelst

No file browsing in jremote nor Panel
« on: January 09, 2019, 05:08:33 am »

Dear all,

After searching and reading many posts on this forum, I cannot find a clear answer on my queste and decided to post a new one.

I have a recent Qnap NAS with quite a lot of WAV and Flac files on it. Mission: Play these (high-res) files via a computer next to my via USB connected High-End DAC (Illusonic IAP4).

Coming from Roon (works flawless on all ios devices in the house and sounds good) I was looking for a program that does not charge $100 every year or $500 for a lifetime subscription. Big drawback (for me):  no possibility to browse through my "untaggable" and sometimes very old and on the web unknown WAV audio files on my server.

My second attempt was Audirvana that sounded god but lacked the possibility of browsing through my files too. A remote wasn't available either.

There was JRiver, arriving like a white knight on a shiny white horse in troubled times ;D

I installed it on my macbook Pro (old model 2008 with E8600 cpu, 240GB ssd and 4Gig RAM) and bought a jremote version for my Ipad (model 2017).

Connecting with code goes well but to my surprise I see no options to play the music right from the Mac to my DAC.

Another "surprise" is the lack of browsing through the file structure on my nas or macbook, rendering the useability to zero, since 90% of my files are WAV files.

The same I experience with Panel that works flawless but lacks the browsing opportunity too.

Is there a solution for this?

Did I invest € 11 for a jremote app for nothing and do I have to cancel my plans of mounting a 4TB SSD to put all my music on in the Macbook?

I was very happy with the nice interface AND the possibility just to look up my files like I always did on my windows based computer, combined with the good sound quality.

Thanks for reading this rather long post!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No file browsing in jremote nor Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:46:30 am »

You won't need to browse by file structure if you have tagged your files.  MC can help with this.  The tool is called Fill Properties from File Name.  It can use the name and directory to create tags.  Try a few before you do very many.

uutelst

Re: No file browsing in jremote nor Panel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:33:10 am »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reaction!
Tagging about 10.000 wav files is a huge job for me and since I know where to find my music, stored in the times that jriver was in version 5, I am a bit troubled...
I tried the filling prottocol bat don't like my files altered, specially WAV file with crappy support (Windows??   ;D ;D)
The [artist] [album] and [track#] [filename] entries do now work flaless because of my map structure that differ somtimes.
Result: some altered flacs that I restored from backup.

I therefor would be very happy to browse through files and let jriver import new scanned cd's in the right way with tagging flac files.

Is there a Tidal and Qobuz streaming plugin out of the box?

Audirvana does this nice but isn't useable for me when looking at file browsing.

Is there a possibility to receive my money back when jremote doesn''t do the job since the html version does the same thing (and without file browsing)
Will there be an upgrade with filebrowsing?

Pages: [1]   Go Up