INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration code problem  (Read 1026 times)

Scott G

• Recent member
Registration code problem
« on: January 10, 2019, 01:59:47 pm »

I just updated my Id and afterwards couldn't get MC to display. Per the advice on another thread ("MC Not now running on ID"), I decided to re-enter my registration code. At the prompt "Is this the initial registration (first use ever) of this code?" I typed N. This produced the following message:
   cp: cannot stat '/home/mediafs/.jriver-user/Media Center Id/Settings/Machine Settings.ini': No such file or directory
Can anyone help?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Registration code problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »

I just updated my Id and afterwards couldn't get MC to display. Per the advice on another thread ("MC Not now running on ID"), I decided to re-enter my registration code. At the prompt "Is this the initial registration (first use ever) of this code?" I typed N. This produced the following message:
   cp: cannot stat '/home/mediafs/.jriver-user/Media Center Id/Settings/Machine Settings.ini': No such file or directory
Can anyone help?

Try option 77 from the Id main menu.

Scott G

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:12:04 pm »

Thanks, but wouldn't option 77 wipe my library?  Aside from the inconvenience of having to restore the library, I was hoping the Id could be my secure storage, so this isn't a very appealing solution. Do you understand what has gone wrong, and have confidence that this is the best solution?

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42:58 am »

Yes, option 77 will wipe out your library.

Is this an IdNUC or an IdPi?

What kind of an update did you run? Was it just option 12 from the main menu or was it a USB upgrade?

When you say that you can't get MC to display, do you mean that when you boot it into GUI mode you don't see Media Center? Do you see a blank information message box?

Scott G

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:07:28 am »

I have the IdNUC. I only ran the option 12 update.  When I select GUI mode all I get is an "Information" message box that is empty except for a small "ok". There don't seem to be any clickable links in that box.

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 02:24:49 pm »

You can check to see if there is a library auto-backup still on the machine. You can check from another computer that is connected to the same network as the Id. Browse to the InternalStorage folder on the Id. Check if there is a zip file in the LibraryBackup and PreviousLibraryBackup folder. Make sure the the zip file actually has a size to it. If there is, copy it to another machine. You can try to use it to restore your library after running option 77.

It sounds like option 77 is your only option. That message box usually means something happened with the Media Center skins and now it can't even find the default one. Option 77 usually fixes that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up