INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track Info: NNTH Track Info III (Sep 09 2020, New Update)  (Read 8519 times)

nnth

• Recent member
Track Info: NNTH Track Info III (Sep 09 2020, New Update)
« on: January 10, 2019, 02:56:33 pm »

---------
UPDATE Sep 09 2020:
- Bugs Fixed
- Add new "Lyric Alt Version"
---------

Hi,

I've tried to submit my Track Info Template through the Submit Form but it's not working. Please help me to do that! Thanks!

By the way, I've updated my "NNTH Track Info" template. (I recommended other TrackInfo devs use this version as your new base.)

If you download the plugins through this forum thread, please extract "NNTH Track Info III.zip" to "J River\Media Center 24\Visualizations\Track Info\"

Suggestions and ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Below is the plugin description:

---------

Simple, clean and very lightweight Track Info template. Best match with "Modern Cards" skin. Include Lyrics page plus external links to find Artist or Album information via Wikipedia.

Made by CSS power so you can tweak the look and feel of the template easily! Try it and you will love it!

What's New?
--------------
- Dark and Light version included.
- Better design with animations (Chrome Browser Engine only) and new Lyrics page.
- Fully responsive. Info, lyrics and Album Art... will be scaled with your screen resolution.
- Optimize and tweaks CSS / HTML.
- Other bug fixed.

Note:
-----
- For best result, please install "Roboto" font from Google.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aug 26, 2019 - Updated Lyrics Version

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. I was a bit busy with real work and life so I couldn't response to you guys sooner. Anyway, here is the update. :)

What's News:

- "Lyrics Only" version. With Dark and Light theme. (See new screenshots)
- Track Info will now vertical align to center when you max out the windows.
- Bugs fixed and some small tweaks.

Note:
------
- Use "Chromium" as Web Browser Engine for best result.
- Because the 6 attachments limited of Forum Thread, I have to remove the old "NNTH Track Info III.zip". PM me if you need it. Thanks!

Enjoy!

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Track Info: NNTH Track Info III
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »

Nice, thanks.
What is the animation supposed to be doing?
I get none when using the plugin.

nnth

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 05:09:00 am »

Nice, thanks.
What is the animation supposed to be doing?
I get none when using the plugin.

The animations is for visual effects only. You will get animations when changing tracks or switch from / to the lyrics page. The animations is effective when you use "Chrome" as Browser Engine.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:48 am »

Thanks! I'll check it out as well. Yep, the default track info view for lyrics need to be UPDATED badly. Makes the JRiver look embarrasingly outdated.

Wildcat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 11:01:45 am »

Nice work nnth. much Appreciated!

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:25:19 pm »

Thanks!
I wonder if,
1. it would be possible to combine the track info view with the lyrics view?
2. change the circling round artwork to a static squared artwork (maybe even with the rounded edges)?

nnth

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 11:20:40 pm »

Thanks!
I wonder if,
1. it would be possible to combine the track info view with the lyrics view?
2. change the circling round artwork to a static squared artwork (maybe even with the rounded edges)?

New update added! :)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Track Info: NNTH Track Info III (Aug 26, New Update)
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 09:41:13 am »

Thanks!

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 10:48:13 am »

Modified track info a little bit for my own purposes. As I don't have time right now to learn html/css/javascript I did some formatting using custom calculated fields and my edits in html/css are most likely awful mess :D

Thanks nnth for nice Track Info plugin

nnth

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 07:36:42 pm »

Modified track info a little bit for my own purposes. As I don't have time right now to learn html/css/javascript I did some formatting using custom calculated fields and my edits in html/css are most likely awful mess :D

Thanks nnth for nice Track Info plugin

Glad that you like the plugin! Thanks!

dcwebman

Re: Track Info: NNTH Track Info III (Sep 09 2020, New Update)
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 03:39:30 pm »

I just wanted to say thank you for this skin! I have been suffering with the default ones and displaying lyrics since I started getting back into MC. Now I can finally scroll the lyrics!
Jeff

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »

I wanted to thank you so much for this plug-in... absolutely brilliant!

Your approach to Track lyrics (a fixed font size with scrollbars popping up as needed) is so much better than MC's. The MC built-in lyric font size will vary from minuscule to gargantuan (4pt to 20pt maybe) depending how many lyric verses there are. The font size change from song to song can be quite jarring.  I know you can mitigate that somewhat by specifying a new "page" for every x number of lines, but that has to constantly be adjusted - so inconvenient I'd rather suffer with the font size change.

All that said, MC's lyric display has a couple advantages - the main one being how the background color automatically updates to match the skin background.  I have dug into your CSS files and made various changes to your plug-in to suit my taste, but I cannot get your plug-in background to do what MC does.  I was not completely surprised by that outcome, as I imagine if you could have done it, you would have made your plug-in do that out of the gate.  I am hoping that maybe I am wrong about that, and you can guide me to whatever edit I need to make it happen.

One other thing... when I switch the visualization to your plug-in, it tends to crash MC. Not always, but once it happens it keeps crashing until I switch the visualization to Mildrop2, and then back again.  Switching to any other visualization option and then back to a NNTH plug-in will instantly crash MC... but not when I switch to Milkdrop2 and back.  Clearly there is some conflict between these two, but it is way beyond my tiny brain to figure out what it might be.

In any event, great job... I did not even mention your built-in wiki links for Artist and Album - and the animations are really well done.  I hope/vote for JRiver to incorporate your plug-in as the default (with the background thing fixed of course).  Thanks again. 

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 04:33:26 pm »

I'm working with the NNTH Track Info add on and have had success in adding a variety of additional data tabs (all custom fields) including much data from AMG that I've gathered including AMG Review, AMG Track Review and AMG Biography.  I did not have success in adding JRiver Fields that had a space in them and ended up creating a field with no spaces and adding in an expressing to call up the original field:  Example I added a field called AMGBiography and used the expression =[AMG Biography] to define the field.

That all works well but I'm having another problem.

I have some additional custom fields such as Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Drums.  On the main index.html page I would like to display the name of the field and then the appropriate person.
Example

Guitar:  Robin Trower

This is working now, however,  if the field is not populated, I do not want to display the word Guitar.  This is what I have (see below) and it does display properly when the field is populated but I can't seem to find the correct code to not display the word guitar if in fact there is no data in the field.  I've tried the TrackInfo_IsEmpty but it displays the word "True" or "False".

<div class="guitar" title="Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)">Guitar:  TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)</div>

Any help would be appreciated.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 05:54:30 am »

mvandyke

If you replace this line :- <div class="guitar" title="Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)">Guitar:  TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)</div>

with this one :-<div class="guitar"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)">Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)</span></div>

You will find that the Label and field/tag Content will only be displayed if the GUITAR tag/field is present and contains a value, if it's empty nothing appears on the page.

I intentionally left this bit title="Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR) out  since all it is doing is repeating exactly what appears on the page when the mouse hovers over that line.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

nnth

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 11:46:04 am »

All that said, MC's lyric display has a couple advantages - the main one being how the background color automatically updates to match the skin background.

If MC provides a proper keyword to to that, for example: TrackInfo_Insert_SkinBGColor, we can make the trackinfo match the skin background with a simple script.

Right now, all I can do is providing dark and light version. You can change the background color easily by tweaking CSS, then change it to suite with your skin.

About the crash, have you tried switch from visualization to other track info template?

Glad that you like the plugin! I'll still maintain and update it when possible!

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »

You can change the background color easily by tweaking CSS, then change it to suite with your skin.

That's what I did for B&B2...

This is hands down, the only 'track info' offering I've ever found that's pleasant to use. Thank you for all your work on this, and, for keeping it updated.

Is the scroll bar for lyrics supplied by the OS? I'm guessing that's not editable?

-marko

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 02:16:25 pm »

nnth... thanks for the reply. 
Darn it!  I was pretty sure that was going to be the case... anyone at JRiver reading this? any chance MC can make the background color available to Track Info plug-ins?

FYI Marko, I modified the NNTH scrollbars for the DiB skin - the code is at the very end of the layout.css file.  I made them the same color as my skins scrollbar, and half the width of the default.  You can also make the scrollbar ends: perfectly round, with rounded corners, or completely flat.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 02:59:03 pm »

NNTH,
As for the crashing, this happens regardless of TI plugin - so presumably a Mildrop2 issue. No surprise really, since it has not been updated for like 15 years I guess. That said, Milkdrop2 works perfectly - it just does not like switching among other visualization plug-ins for some reason.  Here is the crash error message I get every time.

Bonus as of this morning... now when I switch from Milkdrop2, even when switching to the built-in cover art, after playing continuously for 30 seconds (exactly), the audio starts to sputter and the tempo slows down.  And what is really bizarre, the audio resumes working again normally when I switch back to Milkdrop2 or Aeon or G-Force visualizations... beyond bizarre.  There is not a corresponding spike in CPU/GPU usage either. I reinstalled MC hoping that would revert MC back to "just crashing", but no luck.  I guess will restore from an MC backup to see if that fixes it.  The fun never stops!

If some smart person out there has an idea what is going on here, I would greatly appreciate being enlightened.

I really hope to solve this, because I expended a fair amount of effort tweaking 2 of your configs so they perfectly match a brand new skin I released just a couple weeks ago (Dream in Blue: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128460.0.html), and together they look absolutely fabulous (see below). The problem is, I love Mildrop2, but the crashing is driving me nuts!

I also like using MC's Skin Effects to swap the primary colors to change things up, and the effect looks fantastic with my skin (if I do say so myself ;D).  However, the TrackInfo background does not automatically update to match, so I would need to make 2 custom versions for each color.  That is not the end of the world, but if I decide to tweak them again in the future, I have to tweak 8 configs (2 blue, 2 green, 2 red, 2 grayscale).  This assumes of course the crashing issue can be resolved. 

Anyway, here are pix showing the two of your plug-ins configs I customized for the skin in default blue, a 1 showing it when I swap blue and red.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 03:05:55 pm »

This is why, for the first time since it became a thing, my MC 27 doesn't have milkdrop. It's just too much hassle and as much as we all enjoy it, it causes too many issues to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the scroll bar tip... Will have a play  tomorrow for sure.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 05:31:00 pm »

Well some happy news, if a bit frustrating though.

After restoring my library from a backup (that MC had made automatically last night), everything is now working great… I mean everything.  No more sputtering audio, and I can now even switch among any of the visualizations without crashes! I have not been able to that for a couple weeks. Obviously I am thrilled it fixed things, but have no idea how.  How does restoring a backup from a time when crashing was regularly and repeatably occurring, fix it now?  On top of that, why would my personal music library/settings have anything to do with visualization corruption and/or incompatibility?  I only tried the library restore as a crap-shoot with no real hope of success. Prior to that, I had rebooted a couple times and reinstalled MC with no luck – but a library restore fixes it?  Again, please - someone enlighten me, seriously.

In any event, I am thrilled to have both a custom Track Info plug-in that matches my new skin, AND the beautiful Milkdrop2 working perfectly… for now anyway. I am not terribly confident it will remain that way.  I will update if/when it goes off the rails again.

Now if only JRiver makes it possible for Track Info to use the same background color as the skin (any skin), that would be fantastic. Below is the main.xml input line, from the LIST section, which contains the relevant color variable that would need to be matched: Back

<LIST>
          <Colors Text="46B5FF"   SelectedText="B1DFFF"   HotText="B1DFFF"  Back="000025"   GridLine="095382"   GridLineBack="000025"  />

Crossing my fingers JRiver jumps on this.  Not only would this benefit NNTH’s fantastic recently released plug-ins, I see that English Tiger also released 6 Track Info plug-ins too in the last couple weeks, so addressing this would benefit a lot of recent work done on behalf of JRiver. 

BTW, what a coincidence of timing English Tiger.  There has not been any new Std View skins posted on the Accessories page in 8 years, and no new Track Info templates for 10 years, but we both published our initial releases on the exact same day: 2-05-2021.  Wow... I find that amazing.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 05:40:21 pm »

mvandyke

If you replace this line :- <div class="guitar" title="Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)">Guitar:  TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)</div>

with this one :-<div class="guitar"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)">Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR)</span></div>

You will find that the Label and field/tag Content will only be displayed if the GUITAR tag/field is present and contains a value, if it's empty nothing appears on the page.

I intentionally left this bit title="Guitar: TrackInfo_Insert(GUITAR) out  since all it is doing is repeating exactly what appears on the page when the mouse hovers over that line.

Thanks for the update.  I've been working on a new version of NNTH Track Info III that really works well for me.  It adds in a lot of metadata that I get from MCUtils such AMG Track Review, AMG Album Review, AMG Artist Biography, Band Members list and Artist Images (through Google).  I've got a couple of clean ups to do but should be able to post over the weekend.  If you use MCutils to gather this data with a little bit of modification it should work very well for you.

Thanks for all of the teams help.

I've attached a couple of screen shots for your review.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2023, 11:42:53 am »

NNTH, I've noticed that I'm able to address the colors of of the artist, album, genre but something overrides the color of the track title and it is always blue. I can't seem to track that down. Can you (or anyone) let me know how to address it?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2023, 03:45:29 am »

NNTH, I've noticed that I'm able to address the colors of of the artist, album, genre but something overrides the color of the track title and it is always blue. I can't seem to track that down. Can you (or anyone) let me know how to address it?

The color for the track title, and the artist, are handled in the theme.css file and not the layout.css file
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2023, 05:06:30 am »

The color for the track title, and the artist, are handled in the theme.css file and not the layout.css file

I’m with you there, but any change I make to the track title has no effect. Other changes work.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 06:26:58 am »

Then all I can suggest is to Double Check all of the changes you have made in every file the Plugin Uses because it looks like one of them may be wrong and is preventing the plugin from actioning one or more of the changes you have made.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2023, 08:27:33 pm »

Found it, he put the color for the title in the theme doc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up