INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficulty for Media Center 24 to import files over 1GB in size  (Read 612 times)

Davidhe19

• Recent member
Difficulty for Media Center 24 to import files over 1GB in size
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:07 pm »

I tried to incorporate some high res albums in DFS format into JRiver.  But appears that I could not import some files in a specific album into JRiver.  After some investigation, appears that those files which failed to be imported are with the size over 1GB.  I wonder if any one run into the same problem and how to overcome this difficulty.  Thank you very much for help.  I am relatively new user and have been using it for 6 months and found it an fantastic platform to use.

Davidhe19

• Recent member
Re: Difficulty for Media Center 24 to import files over 1GB in size
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 07:13:46 pm »

I did a bit more research.  It appears to be that some of the files lost all the tagging information except the file name, normally the name for a specific track, losing the identities such as album name, artist, track number, genre.  It also appears that this is not relate to the file size as well, likely the number of the characters for each tagging.  I can solved the problem by typing the contents of other tagging besides the file name, such as album name, artist, etc.. the file will automatically join the album it belongs to.  Anyway to prevent the loss of tagging information.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Difficulty for Media Center 24 to import files over 1GB in size
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »

MC has no trouble tagging DSF files. Many download sites will sell you files with missing or incorrect tags. Where are you buying them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up