INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues/Bugs v. 24.0.70 - please move to bug discussion  (Read 570 times)

RalphMac

Issues/Bugs v. 24.0.70 - please move to bug discussion
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:21:45 pm »

Hi folks,

can't find the bug/issues/findings discussion here under the Mac JRiver aka MediaCenter24 here. So please - dear admins - move it to the bug/feature discussion.
I am using the software now for two weeks as I was not happy with iTunes esp. the Match function destroyed index, folders and covers. I am using iTunes for 8 years now. Still have to get used to JRiver, first impression is that the control and file management is great. I have much more control, more complex to use but I will get used to it.
The GUI is a bit odd as it is not following macOS standards. Fully understood that if you develop for multi-platform difficult to achieve a unique platform feeling here. So please find some of the findings below. And all the best for the new version25!!

JRiver24 Findings

MediaCenter 24.0.70
maOS 10.13.6  High Sierra
MacBook Pro 13’’ 2016

Sometimes you can’t move the entire application window when clicking in the upper left bar near the three traffic light circles from MacOS. Especially I can observe this when plying a song in the album view – split window, albums on top, corresponding songs below.

When ripping a CD and have set the option “Eject CD after ripping” the CD stays in the drive and I need to close JRiver24 to handover the CD control from JRiver to the OS. Then I need to eject the drive via macOS Finder.

The top menue bar ist still macOS style but the menus below are not following the macOS style (color, size, etc). They look like Java app and are difficult to follow on a large screen as the font and size is different. I am using the modern cards: Dark Edition.

Sometimes you can’t control volume by the keyboard function keys F10 and F11. The Apple screen symbol for more and less volume is never displayed.

When moving the JRiver24 window over another window on the desktop (e.g. Finder or Firefox) it nearly snaps to its upper border. You can’t move the JRiver window millimeter by millimeter over the window a layer below. The JRiver24 window then snaps to the upper border of the underlying window.

When ripping and looking up an album in the Audio>Album folder theJRiver24 suddenly changes the view to the recently ripped view when finishing the rip job. Unexpected behavior, I am doing something else in the application and ripping is regarded as background job. Now when finished I can tur on the option play sound in the option menu but I do not want the app to disturb me in working on something else.

When opening a list of song in the lower split window in the album view and then double clicking on a song it’s not playing this song. Need to klick the play icon left upper corner.

Pages: [1]   Go Up