INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless in Pi not working anymore  (Read 2108 times)

DBronx

• Recent member
Gapless in Pi not working anymore
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »

Hello,

I've installed MC24 on a Rasperry Pi 3 B+ to facilitate gapless streaming to my Oppo 205. I once got it to work fine (streaming from PC), but not now for some reason there are gaps between the tracks streamed from my PC. I think I've updated the build via the sudo get apt update command, which seemed to work fine.

I've checked all the gapless setting on the client (Raspberry Pi) and they appear correct.

Does anyone have any idea why gapless streaming is no longer working for me?

Many thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gapless in Pi not working anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 08:22:16 am »

Hello,

I've installed MC24 on a Rasperry Pi 3 B+ to facilitate gapless streaming to my Oppo 205. I once got it to work fine (streaming from PC), but not now for some reason there are gaps between the tracks streamed from my PC. I think I've updated the build via the sudo get apt update command, which seemed to work fine.

I've checked all the gapless setting on the client (Raspberry Pi) and they appear correct.

Does anyone have any idea why gapless streaming is no longer working for me?

Many thanks!
Check the SetNext setting for the Oppo Zone in MC by right-clicking and doing DLNA controller options, disable SetNext should NOT be checked.
If it is, it's likely that a SetNext command failed at some point during playback so MC disabled the option automatically.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:07 pm »

@Bob - I have an Oppo 203 which I believe is the same as a 205 except for the quality of the DACs etc.
As far as I know these units do not support gapless over DLNA, which is a real shame as otherwise they are excellent streamers.

But I believe DBronx already knows this and he is actually using the Raspberry Pi connected via HDMI? to the Oppo as a client to his MC Server on Windows. So in this instance it will be streaming using Tremote and not DLNA.

Sorry I don't know the answer as to why this is not working gaplessly.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »

@Bob - I have an Oppo 203 which I believe is the same as a 205 except for the quality of the DACs etc.
As far as I know these units do not support gapless over DLNA, which is a real shame as otherwise they are excellent streamers.

But I believe DBronx already knows this and he is actually using the Raspberry Pi connected via HDMI? to the Oppo as a client to his MC Server on Windows. So in this instance it will be streaming using Tremote and not DLNA.

Sorry I don't know the answer as to why this is not working gaplessly.
Ok thanks.
If that's the case he should check his track transition settings, they should be set to gapless.

DBronx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 06:06:53 pm »

Hi thecrow... I actually have it connected via USB and streaming to the Pi via wi-fi - as the ethernet shares the USB bus and is unlistenable. Never heard of Tremote - what is that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up