INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Power Outage Recovery  (Read 819 times)

rknox

• Recent member
Id Power Outage Recovery
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »

I have an Id 24.0.9 running on a NUC5CPYH, updated from version 20 I believe.  I run it headless and whenever there is a power failure, it will not boot properly.  So, I have to remove Id from my audio environment, connect a monitor and keyboard, re-insert the usb firmware, initiate build/recovery to repair.   Is this the expected behavior?   Not possible to make it resilient enough to be able to boot from power failure?   

I would consider a ups for the environment (I have these for home theater etc), but it seems based on other threads that it is not possible to ssh or otherwise integrate a ups signal to the Id.   Also, seems most talk of startup/shutdown assumes control (i.e. waking up Id).

Any thoughts on how to harden environment so I don't have to go through the whole repair process after a power outage?

Thanks,

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id Power Outage Recovery
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:42:01 am »

I have an Id 24.0.9 running on a NUC5CPYH, updated from version 20 I believe.  I run it headless and whenever there is a power failure, it will not boot properly.  So, I have to remove Id from my audio environment, connect a monitor and keyboard, re-insert the usb firmware, initiate build/recovery to repair.   Is this the expected behavior?   Not possible to make it resilient enough to be able to boot from power failure?   

I would consider a ups for the environment (I have these for home theater etc), but it seems based on other threads that it is not possible to ssh or otherwise integrate a ups signal to the Id.   Also, seems most talk of startup/shutdown assumes control (i.e. waking up Id).

Any thoughts on how to harden environment so I don't have to go through the whole repair process after a power outage?

Thanks,
Where does it get stuck in that boot process?
That's not an issue we've seen here.
There isn't any special UPS support on the Id currently but there nothing to prevent you from using one. The power draw is so low that it could run off a decent UPS for quite a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up