INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED - Imported file names not as seen in File Manager  (Read 2442 times)

pepar

• World Citizen
SOLVED - Imported file names not as seen in File Manager
« on: January 15, 2019, 11:03:08 am »

I have been working to bring an unRAID NAS online and use that as my media server. On the network, there will be a Linux NUC running MC and acting as the Library Server. Beyond that, more Linux NUCs will be connected to systems around the house. Right now the unRAID and the MC Library Server are running, and I just pointed MC to the SMB share from the unRAID box. All media is imported. However, some of the TV series file names are not correct. They are what they were before I adopted a naming convention. The file names on the unRAID are what I see in the SMB share on the NUC running MC, but the names in MC Library are ... throwbacks. Not all, but some.

Any ideas why?

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

pepar

• World Citizen
Re: Imported file names not as seen in File Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 03:20:55 pm »

MKV metadata - some files had titles. I removed then with MKVToolNix GUI - Header Editor...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SOLVED - Imported file names not as seen in File Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »

Yep, that has caught others out recently as well. It seems that more and more MKV files acquired creatively are arriving with the "Title" field filled in, and this is often based on a structured filename.

Maybe there has been a recent change in the MKV toolset so that Titles are saved by default now, while they weren't in the past. Something to watch out for.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pepar

• World Citizen
Re: SOLVED - Imported file names not as seen in File Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:39:13 pm »

:) Well, I found a proper tool and how to use it. I’ll also check for the presence of the title tags and remove them during my refurbishing of my creatively acquired TV episodes when they are present.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up