INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use Anamorphic Stretch with JR & madvr??  (Read 1716 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
How to use Anamorphic Stretch with JR & madvr??
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:19:14 pm »

I have now battled with this problem for a whole week and I havent had my earlier question answered...
I have had my automation guy spend a whole not here trying to get it to work also with no luck.

I have a IscoIII lens with cineslide, JVC X9900.

We toggle the "A" stretch on and off in madvr and it works fine but 16:9 is fine but the stretch from madevr brings in the sides of the image to 4:3, the sides must fill the 16:9 format with the stretch, madvr doesnt achieve that.

We found in JR two other settings that get the stretch, "stretch" plus "reomove black bars for 2.35" but there are no shortcut keys for these to automate the process using Event Ghoust.

What are we doing wrong, there has to be an easier way to get "A" stretch without using three buttons, there must be a one button function somewhere in the system, I hope someone here will help me....

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to use Anamorphic Stretch with JR & madvr??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »

I think this is a madvr only thing (nb: I haven't got my lens hooked up yet so this is based on playing with the settings to work out how to use it) so you use black bar detection in madvr to remove the bars then the anamorphic mode to scale then put your lens in place to stretch out it

IIRC the effect you describe is what you get if you don't zoom the bars away in madvr

murray

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 02:27:19 pm »

I think this is a madvr only thing (nb: I haven't got my lens hooked up yet so this is based on playing with the settings to work out how to use it) so you use black bar detection in madvr to remove the bars then the anamorphic mode to scale then put your lens in place to stretch out it

IIRC the effect you describe is what you get if you don't zoom the bars away in madvr
Thank you matt, but when you have tested using madvr only, were you able to keep the sides inplace with the 16: width when madvr was doing the stretch, I cant get that to happen. The stretch must be the exact width as 16:9 (not 4:3) for the sizing to be correct for when the "A" lens covers the lens, if its not 16:9 stretch, the sides of the scope image will not match the sides of the scope screen...

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 03:06:05 pm »

Yes, it was filling the 16:9 area

I can try it again later to verify if you can't get that working

murray

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 04:15:15 pm »

Yes, it was filling the 16:9 area

I can try it again later to verify if you can't get that working
matt I did get it to work correctly thanks amillion!

So it looks like we need to do two ticks each time for 16:9/stretch on two separate screens of madvr which is a bit of a bummer!

For 16:9, in madvr we have to go to ZOOM CONTROL and untick "if there are big black bars" plus in SCREEN CONFIG we need to untick "anamorphic lens"
For ScopE, in madvr we have to go to ZOOM CONTROL and tick "if there are big black bars" plus in SCREEN CONFIG we need to tick "anamorphic lens"

I really dont know why madvr doesnt make the "A" lens function from one page and with one button click only.

Do I have this sorted correctly matt, is this also your findings?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »

Yes that's what I found

I don't know when you would want the a mode without zoom tbh (so I guess it is probably just a function of the config screen layout)

remember you can use profiles to automate this though

murray

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 06:25:26 pm »

Yes that's what I found

I don't know when you would want the a mode without zoom tbh (so I guess it is probably just a function of the config screen layout)

remember you can use profiles to automate this though

I will do some more testing and report back here.

I still dont understand why madvr doesnt have ONE page in the menu for setting up anamorphic stretch, its a nightmare with a setup over two pages and no instructions anywhere for using it. Not sure why you would have a stting for "A" mode in madvr without explainations how to use it. Still it should be on just one page rather than two, unless both of use are missing something...

I dont know the resoning why madshi would create it this way ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up