INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track name not changing when playing multiple tracks via DLNA  (Read 2670 times)

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Track name not changing when playing multiple tracks via DLNA
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:40:07 pm »

I think there is a bug, or it's a behavior/limitation form playing via DLNA.

I create a playlist.
Then I select it and send it for play to a DLNA target (a raspberry running MoOde).
Music plays fine, but either the MoOde player nor MC keep track properly of which track is actually playing.

It looks like it is the first track playing for the time of the entire playlist on MC.
On MoOde, it's the name of the second track that shows up, and again it doesn't change for the rest of the session.

Same problem with a different DLNA renderer (a Sony STR-DN1050 receiver).
MC shows the first track name the whole time.
The Sony shows the name of the second track. and a duration of the track equal to the total of the album/playlist.

I've tried so far with only tracks part of the same album.
I would have to try with different albums to check if it triggers a metadata change on the players.

Is that a bug only on my side or something that can be reproduced by somebody else?
Is that because MC needs to send the track as one to enable gapless or something like this?

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Track name not changing when playing multiple tracks via DLNA
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:40:15 pm »

Am I the only one seeing this behavior?
Maybe a misconfiguration I did?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:06:20 pm »

You might get more help on this in the Media Network forum, since people there know a lot about DLNA.  The Mac forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, so more people will see your post over there than here.

Good luck.

Brian.

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:41:31 pm »

Thanks for the tip.

wvdb

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 08:13:25 pm »

I faced the same problem. Foobar2000 does the trick correctly (loading and playine multi-track files with cue). To me it looks like a bug...the first seconds after loading a file, the playing time of the first track is showed, but it's overtaken by the playing time of the whole album in an instant. The cursor remains at the first track and skipping/choosing tracks is not possible.

wvdb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »

I found the solution in this link:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA 
JRiver calls one-file FLAC albums containing multiple tracks: "cue/bin files". They will be sent to the player as separate tracks if you uncheck "original format" in the UPnP settings, audio output. The text in the link explains it better.
So many options in JRiver MC...makes the obvious ones quite hard to find.....

wvdb

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:11 pm »

here is the text what helped me out, hope it solves your problem too (if it's not already solved):

"Since MC23 we've added more options to the DLNA server settings that allow you to select which particular files are sent in a specified format. The checklist of file types to be converted is under the DLNA server settings Audio->Advanced. When the output is set to "Specified format only when necessary" the checklist under advanced will be active and you can select which file types your renderer can't handle. They will be converted to whatever format you've selected. Cue/Bin files will ALWAYS be converted when anything other than "Original Format" is selected. So for example, if you ONLY wanted to convert Cue/Bin pairs, you can set "Specified format only when necessary" and de-select all of the other file types."

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 07:44:23 pm »

Nice find! I had missed your reply.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up