INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SiliconDust HDHomeRun Setup  (Read 8266 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Setup
« on: January 31, 2019, 10:36:51 am »

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HDHomeRun setup
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:06:41 pm »

Followed the guide and having issues. Using MC25 with HD HomeRun Extend. The HD HomeRun works with its own app, Plex and Kodi. MC25 finds the dual tuners but does not find any channels when scanning. I installed the HD HomeRun driver and selected J River under the BDA Compatibility drop down. Firewall is open to MC 25 and all HD HomeRun apps. I had this working on a different PC, since decommissioned, and MC 23.

What else to try?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:23:03 am »

Which version of Windows are you using?  Is it a Windows 10 Insider's version?

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:54:54 am »

Which version of Windows are you using?  Is it a Windows 10 Insider's version?

Yes. I'm running latest Windows 10 Insiders Skip Ahead release. Am I out of luck getting the HDHomeRun to work under MC25?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 03:57:51 pm »

It does not work with the Insiders release for some reason.  I am still trying to figure out, but I think it is Microsoft's bug.  I hope the situation will change as they release more updates.

Dai Guinness

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 03:39:52 am »

I have a similar problem with HDHomerun. Been using it for months but for some reason it lost the channels. Followed the new wiki instructions and did a new install of the homerun drivers and rescanned the channels but jriver keeps saying the tuner for scanning is unavailable or in use.
I know the HDhomerun has installed correctly as I can see it on the network and can use on other programs - live tv works fine on Plex for example.

Any ideas please?

Dave

Dai Guinness

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 03:56:25 am »

I have a similar problem with HDHomerun. Been using it for months but for some reason it lost the channels. Followed the new wiki instructions and did a new install of the homerun drivers and rescanned the channels but jriver keeps saying the tuner for scanning is unavailable or in use.
I know the HDhomerun has installed correctly as I can see it on the network and can use on other programs - live tv works fine on Plex for example.

Any ideas please?

Dave

Sorry Windows 10 64 bit pro (not insiders) MC24

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 05:59:23 am »

Firewall?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 09:09:50 am »

If you have used the tuner before, and now you are trying to scan for channels, you must make sure you do not have any previously set up EPG scanning profile that is still active.  The issue has been fixed for MC25.  For MC24 the work around is to go to "Load Program Guide..." and uncheck "Automatically load program guide every day in the background" checkbox.  You should also uncheck or delete any EPG OTA method in the list of loading modes.  Restart MC after that.

Dai Guinness

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 04:16:46 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion Yaobing, that did the trick.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 09:21:29 am »

Hi guys,
Glad I found this thread.  My tuner was working before but now it cannot find any ATSC channels within MC24 channel scan.  I followed the guide and everything mentioned in this thread and still no channel.  I can double click on the channel directly from the HDHomerun  SetUp program and it will open the live TV channel.  I even tried to restore my older library and my TV channels came back up and I was able to view live TV but on the next day or two, it goes to 'Waiting for signal lock...' and then 'No signal'.  I would need to run the channel set up again but then it cannot find any channel.  I notice after restoring an older library, it says 'Loading program guide...(may take several minutes)' but it never could finish as after a while, it would show Last program refresh on 8/15/2019 (date from last month when it successfully refreshed, I guess).  Football season is here and I am trying to DVR my games within MC24.  Please help!  Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 11:25:10 am »

Hi guys,
Glad I found this thread.  My tuner was working before but now it cannot find any ATSC channels within MC24 channel scan.  I followed the guide and everything mentioned in this thread and still no channel.  I can double click on the channel directly from the HDHomerun  SetUp program and it will open the live TV channel.  I even tried to restore my older library and my TV channels came back up and I was able to view live TV but on the next day or two, it goes to 'Waiting for signal lock...' and then 'No signal'.  I would need to run the channel set up again but then it cannot find any channel.  I notice after restoring an older library, it says 'Loading program guide...(may take several minutes)' but it never could finish as after a while, it would show Last program refresh on 8/15/2019 (date from last month when it successfully refreshed, I guess).  Football season is here and I am trying to DVR my games within MC24.  Please help!  Thanks.

Is this on Windows 10?  Windows 10 broke some of our TV support.  I found a work-around but unfortunately it is only in MC25.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 12:01:20 pm »

^^ Yes, Win10 Pro.  What is your work around on MC25 and How much to upgrade to MC25? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 06:29:39 pm »

Epithet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 05:25:19 am »

Really excited about adding the Silicon Dust Tuner to my MC experience. I am running M-C25 on Windows 10. I have set up the tuner and completed the scan of channels. I have subscribed to and activated the SiliconDust DVR service. However, J River is not displaying Silicon Dust as an option in the choice of EPG data. I have run  the HDHomerun App on the same PC and this is locating the EPG data.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 05:57:16 am »

You need MC27 to access Silicondust's EPG.

Epithet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 07:33:21 am »

Jim - Thanks for prompt response. Will upgrade as advised. Having dabbled with, but eventually abandoned the use of TV tuners with MC, my experience to date with SIliconDust is very positive. So looking forward to getting a fully functioning EPG on MC27.
Pages: [1]   Go Up