INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuners  (Read 13483 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
TV Tuners
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:38:18 pm »

I modified the "TV Tuners" wiki article to include brief discussions on "BDA tuners" and "Ceton" devices, in addition to expanded discussion on HDHomeRun.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

joebristow

• Recent member
Re: TV Tuners
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 06:53:11 pm »

what do i need to the hauppauge WinTV-quadHD card to work with MC 25? the recording audio and video are not in sync.
do i need a different driver?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:59:42 pm »

what do i need to the hauppauge WinTV-quadHD card to work with MC 25? the recording audio and video are not in sync.
do i need a different driver?

There should not be anything that needs to be done, but installing the latest driver available usually is a good idea.

In MC, you can try the following:

Turn on "VideoClock" video option.
Turn on "Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" video option.
Use Red October Standard.
Always run live TV in time-shifting mode (this is the default, but make sure you do not turn it off).
Use ">" and "<" keys to adjust audio video sync, and use "?" key to reset sync offset (you need to hold down SHIFT key for these commands).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:57:25 am »

I split the missing channel issue to a new thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120995.0.html

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 11:42:37 am »

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 10:58:25 am »

Other posts on DVB tuning issue are also split and merged into a new topic:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122448.0.html

rknox

• Recent member
Setup Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 08:39:36 pm »

I have 2 HDHomeRun tuner devices, which I have been using for many years both with Windows Media Center and JRiver MC.   Recently I have been trying to setup TV with these on MC24 on Windows 10.   My Prime unit sets up as expected.  However my DUAL 101222CB (older ATSC 2 tuner model) is visible in HDHomeRun setup, the tv viewing app, and the MC tuner management, but the MC scan results in no channels found.  I have verified firewalls etc but this will not work.   After reading the tuner wiki, I am now wondering - is DLNA a prerequisite for tuner setup?   The Prime is DLNA but I don’t think the DUAL is.  The DUAL used to work with MC, but the wiki is unclear for OS64.  Why does it now not work? 

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: Setup Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 06:37:16 pm »

I have 2 HDHomeRun tuner devices, which I have been using for many years both with Windows Media Center and JRiver MC.   Recently I have been trying to setup TV with these on MC24 on Windows 10.   My Prime unit sets up as expected.  However my DUAL 101222CB (older ATSC 2 tuner model) is visible in HDHomeRun setup, the tv viewing app, and the MC tuner management, but the MC scan results in no channels found.  I have verified firewalls etc but this will not work.   After reading the tuner wiki, I am now wondering - is DLNA a prerequisite for tuner setup?   The Prime is DLNA but I don’t think the DUAL is.  The DUAL used to work with MC, but the wiki is unclear for OS64.  Why does it now not work?

The latest Window 10 broke somethings for MC's TV support.  I made some fixes, I think in MC25 but definitely in MC26.

joebristow

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 03:18:58 pm »

i have a   hauppauge WinTV-quadHD cardWinTV-quadHD card which works great with the Win-TV8 supplied by hauppauge, but it will NOT record correctly with jriver MC25 or 26. any suggestions?
when i started with jriver everything worked great, but something happened with the jriver product.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 05:40:46 pm »

i have a   hauppauge WinTV-quadHD cardWinTV-quadHD card which works great with the Win-TV8 supplied by hauppauge, but it will NOT record correctly with jriver MC25 or 26. any suggestions?
when i started with jriver everything worked great, but something happened with the jriver product.

There are a few things you can try.

1.  Make sure MC is the only program that access your tuner.  For example, do not let Hauppauge WinTV program run.
2.  In Standard View, choose "TV Logs" to see if there are errors reported.  That is the place where you would also see successful recordings logged.
3.  Turn on logging at Help > Logging.  After a failed recording, collect the logs by clicking "Report problem...", and forward the file to me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 11:12:34 am »

The "TV Tuners" wiki article has been updated again to include brief discussions on "Sat>IP" devices and "DMS" devices.

Godaisan

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 12:05:24 pm »

Hello,
I just downloaded the windows trial yesterday and got my EyeTV tuner working but today it just says no signal.  Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 04:23:48 pm »

Hello,
I just downloaded the windows trial yesterday and got my EyeTV tuner working but today it just says no signal.  Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thank you

Please provide a little more info about your usage.  Which country are you in?  What type of TV signal are you trying to tune to?  Are you trying to watch a channel from MC's standard view?  Etc. etc.

"No signal" error means MC can not tune properly to the channel.  Is the antenna securely connected to the device?  Are the channel parameters correct?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 10:15:07 am »

The discussions on DMS channel grouping was split into a separate topic.

cymbalclash

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 07:58:16 pm »

Will the HDHomeRun tv tuners work with JRiver Media Center 27 via router in conjunction with YouTube TV (which I subscribe to) over my internet cable service? After contacting support@silicondust.com I was told "no". So my question is, is there any way to configure Media Center 27 to play services available to Roku TV over the internet (not subscribed cable tv service) such as YouTube TV, Netflix, Sling, Showtime, HBOMAX, Hulu, prime video, etc.?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 08:29:30 am »

Will the HDHomeRun tv tuners work with JRiver Media Center 27 via router in conjunction with YouTube TV (which I subscribe to) over my internet cable service? After contacting support@silicondust.com I was told "no". So my question is, is there any way to configure Media Center 27 to play services available to Roku TV over the internet (not subscribed cable tv service) such as YouTube TV, Netflix, Sling, Showtime, HBOMAX, Hulu, prime video, etc.?

I am not sure I understand you correctly.  HDHoemRun tuners are needed for playing "traditional" TV channels, such as over-the-air TV or cable TV.  It looks like that is not what you needed.

As for services over the internet, I am not sure if we support all of them that you mentioned, but will ask my colleagues.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 09:16:50 am »

Here is Henrik's anwser:

We really can't play anything like that in MC, other then through a web browser and with WDM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up