INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excellent Video Player for Android - NOVA Video Player  (Read 989 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Excellent Video Player for Android - NOVA Video Player
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »

HI there,

For the last year I have been using the Sony Video Player (Android) on my 2 Sony TV's as well as older WDTV units in other areas.  I have been looking to upgrade my WDTV's and have since purchased an NVidea Shield (2017)

Since upgrading the firmware on my Sony TV's, the video player no longer worked.  I have since searched for a video player for my TV's that is 1 - easy to use and 2 - Looks nice.

After trying at least 8 different apps, I must say that the NOVA Video Player is the best one.  Until JRiver for Android comes out I highly recommend trying out this program.

One note, however, I found what appears to be a bug that in fact affected several of the programs.  Several directories would not display and were causing errors.  After much frustration I discovered that it had to do with subtitle files.  I removed all .sub, .srt, and .IDX files and the problem resolved itself.  I have not tested further to see which type of file was in fact causing the problem.

Hope this mini review is helpful

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up