INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing to "This Device": "There was a problem playing the current audio file"  (Read 429 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen

Lately - in the last few weeks, after updates to both JRemote and MC on Mac - I occasionally get an alert saying "Audio streaming error. "There was a problem playing the current audio file." (See screen shot). This happens when trying to play on JRemote on iPad, connected to MC on a Mac, with a the target of audio being the iPad ("This device"). The audio file in question can play on the Mac just fine. I've never seen the system recover from this; once an audio file gets this error, I can never stream it to the iPad. The audio files that have failed are AAC encoded.

Nothing occurs on the MC side when the error occurs; no activity shows in the log (which is attached).

Does anyone know what this error might indicate?

iPad Air 2 iOS 12.1.1
JRemote 3.26
iMac, macOS 10.14.2
MC 24.0.74

Update, new log files attached (JRiver Log 2019-02-09 09-21-20.zip), including an apparently valid Log.txt; I don't see anything untoward happening. Is there another place I should be reporting this bug to?

One more data point: the files in question, that can't be streamed to the iPad running JRemote, can play on that iPad just fine when copied to it and played locally via iTunes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up