INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not controlling MC24  (Read 808 times)

chcmuzza

• Recent member
Gizmo not controlling MC24
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:26:08 pm »

Hi

I've used Gizmo as the remote on my various phones to control MC for the past 5 years or so.

A couple of weeks ago, when trying to adjust the volume on MC24 via gizmo I noticed the volume would change but the dynamic volume % display on Gizmo had disappeared. I could still use all other Gizmo functions.

Over the past couple of days Gizmo seems to have lost all control of MC24. It opens OK (no errors), the access key in Gizmo is the same as MC. Both devices are on the same wireless network, which has internet access.

Interestingly when I try to play a file in Gizmo on my phone it plays on my phone.

I'm not aware of any changes I've made on my phone or to MC24.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Murray

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo not conrolling MC24
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 02:28:47 am »

The "dynamic volume % display on Gizmo"?

While in many apps I get a slider popup when I change volume (using the physical volume buttons on the phone), that is an Android feature, and it doesn't happen in Gizmo. All I get in Gizmo is a popup that states the volume percentage, and that only stays on the screen for a second or so, and doesn't pop up again if I immediately make more volume changes. It only pops up again if I stop making volume changes, wait a second or so later, then make another change.

I'm not sure that is the way it always worked, but if it has changed I would suspect Android changes. I think the audio system on Android has been overhauled, but I'm no expert on that. Maybe the way it handles older Android Apps has changed.

I have Gizmo 21.0.1. Yours that same?

I still have full control playing to my phone or a MC Server, including using Gizmo as a Remote Control in Theatre View. I can connect to and navigate my server, displaying Album, Artists, etc.

Does Gizmo connect for you, and are you able to navigate audio files? If not, try deleting the record of the server (select Mode, press and hold the server record, select Delete from the pop up menu), then re-add that server using its Access Key.

Does that fix anything?

If not, is your LAN still marked as a Private Network in Windows? If not some network traffic between your phone and MC Server may be getting blocked.
Has anything changed in your Firewall settings. Windows Updates will change some things.
Still stuck? Perhaps Clear the Gizmo Data and Cache in Android. That is under Apps > Storage. Google how to do that if you don't know.
Still not working after you set it up again? Uninstall Gizmo, reboot your phone, and reinstall Gizmo.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

chcmuzza

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo not controlling MC24
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 09:24:32 pm »

Hi RoderickGI

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in replying - I've been traveling with work over the past weeks and haven't had the chance to look at what is going on.

Gizmo was connecting OK, however the default destination for playback was the phone, not Music Server. Not sure how settings changed, but under 'mode' I've changed back to Server and everything burst into life.

Apologies for not picking this up before prior to posting, and thanks again for your quick response and input.

Cheers

Murray

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo not controlling MC24
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:24 am »

It is often the simple things that have gone wrong.

Thanks for letting us know it works now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up