INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automated conversion and copying to iPhone?  (Read 1850 times)

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
Automated conversion and copying to iPhone?
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:02 am »

Is it possible to use MC to automate the converting of music and copying to an iPhone? I would like MC to (1) convert DSD to 16-bit, 44.4-KHz ALAC and use a low-pass filter, (2) convert FLAC that is above 16 bit, 44 KHz, to 16 bit, 44.4 KHz ALAC, and (3) copy the results to an iPhone.  I don't want the ALACs stored on my computer.  I would like the ALACs to go directly to my iPhone.  I prefer to run MC on a Mac but can also run it in Windows using emulation software.  Thanks for any help. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Automated conversion and copying to iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:50 am »

No.  It's not possible.

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:44:33 am »

No.  It's not possible.

Is it possible over a number of steps, even if I have to provide some input? Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45:16 pm »

Experiment.

You can use the Handheld Sync functionality to sync to a local hard disk location, ready to be transferred to your iPhone.
You can turn off the audio conversion cache so that extra copies of the ALAC files aren't stored on your computer.
The ALAC encoder isn't configurable, so you get what you get. I have no idea if MC will convert DSD to ALAC. Experiment.
MC won't transfer the resulting files to your iPhone. Use iTunes or something else to do that. Also, search the forum for discussions on the concept. There have been some good discussions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up