INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Ratings on JRemote  (Read 1508 times)

cgbissett

• Recent member
Help With Ratings on JRemote
« on: February 21, 2019, 04:02:07 am »

I am using MC24 on OSX, and JRemote on IOS both are working fine apart from being unable to save ratings for tracks. My HDD is read only, so I have authentication on and sidecar tagging only enabled. JRemote accepts the rating, however it is not saved. Any help would be appreciated, I probably have the settings slightly wrong. The rating are retained if I do it directly in JRiver.

Cheers Craig

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help With Ratings on JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:40:26 pm »

I am using MC24 on OSX, and JRemote on IOS both are working fine apart from being unable to save ratings for tracks. My HDD is read only, so I have authentication on and sidecar tagging only enabled. JRemote accepts the rating, however it is not saved. Any help would be appreciated, I probably have the settings slightly wrong. The rating are retained if I do it directly in JRiver.

Cheers Craig
JRemote needs to have authentication with MC enabled to save anything in MC.

sounerfan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:08:24 pm »

This is happening with me as well.  Authentication is enabled and I took your advice of using username:a  and password:a  just to simplify and make sure it wasn't my error.  All firewalls are turned off.  When I try to edit the tag info from inside of JRemote, I get the red banner saying "Operation failed.  Please verify that you have authentication enabled on your server."

Please advise.

UPDATE:  This is happening inside of Gizmo as well, when I try to change a rating, I get "Rating a file requires full authentication."

Figured it out.  The login for authentication was defaulting to read only even though I had my login set with username and pass for full authentication.  I changed read only from everyone to user/pass and set a different user/pass than authentication.  Tag changes are saving now!  I know you're probably already aware Bob.  Thanks again.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 01:46:07 pm »

After reviewing how the read-only authentication for "everyone" works with JRemote and Gizmo, we are going to add an option to disable read-only authentication so that authorization requests with login and password that don't match will completely fail in the case that it's disabled, not get a read-only connection.

cgbissett

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:02:35 am »

Thanks for the feedback, it’s working fine now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up