INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginner Problems...  (Read 1182 times)

Skyx

• Recent member
Beginner Problems...
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:31:53 pm »

Hi all,
just recently I built a new HTPC.
Nothing on it except Windows 10, MadVR and Kodi.
Audio is bitstreamed through my NVidia Card to my Denon AVR connected with HDMI.
Denon AVR is listed as default Audio device with NVidia High Definition Audio...
AVR is a Denon x1300, works fine using Kodi.

I installed JRiver 24, but failed to get something out of it bc I always get a nonsense error popup saying my Audio device is not capable of handling the format (or similar, I'm translating from german), and I should use DSP to configure it.

Unfortunately there is no audio device listed in the option settings...

What is required to have my device accepted in JRiver ?

Many thanks for any input.

Skyx

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Beginner Problems...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »

Unfortunately there is no audio device listed in the option settings...

Do you mean that there are no audio devices listed in the drop-down list under "Options > Audio > Audio Device "?
That is where you should select the JRiver Audio output device. In your case, the Denon AVR via NVidia High Definition Audio.

What is required to have my device accepted in JRiver ?

It just needs to be visible in Windows, which it obviously is, since you have set the Denon as the Windows default audio device.
I think the Denon would need to be plugged in and turned on for it to be selectable.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Skyx

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 05:35:09 pm »

Do you mean that there are no audio devices listed in the drop-down list under "Options > Audio > Audio Device "?
That is where you should select the JRiver Audio output device. In your case, the Denon AVR via NVidia High Definition Audio.

It just needs to be visible in Windows, which it obviously is, since you have set the Denon as the Windows default audio device.
I think the Denon would need to be plugged in and turned on for it to be selectable.

That's exactly what I mean... no audio device listed. And yes, Denon is switched on and the display is passed through it on my projector.
Exact setup works in Kodi or MPC-BE with LAV Filters and MadVR.

Many thanks
Skyx

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »

Let me suggest that you try using the motherboard HDMI output directly to another input on the Denon and see if MC connects to it.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Skyx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:29 am »

Just to finish this thread... before I start a new one describing my experience and asking some questions...

I don't know what was wrong... I was really annoyed and sent the JRiver installation to the recycle bin.

Just today, I installed new from scratch... and everything was working as expected :-)
As a side note... I'm running my HTPC through MS Remote Desktop on my MacBook.

Can't say for sure, but it might be that I installed the first time without the AVR being switched on... this time I paid special attention and had the AVR on, but still running through Remote Desktop.

BR
Sky
Pages: [1]   Go Up