INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra 2E  (Read 1750 times)

The CasaMan

• Recent member
Astra 2E
« on: March 05, 2019, 11:21:37 am »

It looks as if the current satellite being used for Freesat is the 28.2E Astra 2E.  Certain programmes are only available from this source (e.g. DMAX).  The only entry in the satellite listing when setting up Television at the 28.2 location does not include the 2E.  Is there plans to include this in the new version 25?  Currently we are missing out on some content.
Thanks.
Tim Green

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Astra 2E
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:15:33 pm »

The transponder lists are in .xml files in [MC installation folder]\TV\DVBS\ folder.  There is a file "28.2°E Eurobird 1   Astra 1N,2A,2B,2D.xml" in the folder.  You can open it with notepad and see if everything is up to date.  Edit it if you need to.  If you give me the new information, I will change the file on our end.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:20:43 am »

Wow! Found it.  I'm going to have to do a bit of research on this as I'm not sure where to get the info to enter here.  Not something I've done before.  I've had a quick look on the 'net to see if I can find the data but no luck so far.  I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Tim

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:37:00 am »

I found this site:

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

A quick glance shows that there are some new entries, such as this one:

10994 H

I will make an update and rename the xml file to "28.2°E Astra 2E,2F,2G.xml"

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:21 am »

Good man!  Please include the 12382 H tp 35 UK 54, as this has DMAX.  Although this seems to be Sky which is encoded.  DMAX is supposed to be FTA now.

I entered these: "N   DMAX UK   11038   V   DBV-S   QPSK   22000   5/6   08/11/2017" as they are listed in this site:

https://ekayi.com/sky-channel-codes-all-you-need/

but the "N" means that it is not FTA.  It worked on my system and pulled up the DMAX entry but it was encoded.  I may have to live with this until I find out what they are talking about!

Can you get a copy to me, or will I have to wait for 25?

Thanks again

Tim

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 07:57:15 am »

Please try the attached file.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 04:22:21 am »

This file is so much more comprehensive.  When searching for programme guide info before, it was searching just over 500 channels.  Now it's 800 plus.  Many thanks for your input.
My server PC has just died so it will be a while before I can test everything through completely.  Whether or not I can sort out the DMAX business (FTA?) remains to be seen.
Looking forward to going through V25 in detail.
Tim

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 11:04:57 am »

Thanks for reporting back.  I am glad it works better now.  I found quite a number of changes from the lyngsat site.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 08:01:43 am »

That latest file, even though it is so much more comprehensive, for some reason does not include BBC Four.  I have found details on this page:

https://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/uk/BBC-Four.html

and have tried adding this line to your latest xml file:

<Transponder Frequency="11023000" Polarisation="H" SymbolRate="23000" Modulation="8PSK" InnerFecRate="3_4" Pilot="NotSet" Rolloff="NotSet"/>

but no luck.
Any ideas?
Tim

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:36:49 am »

BBC Four is carried on two frequencies according to the LyngSat page.  It says "BBC Four (19-04)".  I think the numbers in parentheses refer to the hours of operation.  Try scanning during evening/night.  If you can pick up "CBeebies UK" during a day time scan, you should be able to get "BBC Four" during evening.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:04:17 pm »

Ah yes!  Of course.  I should have realised.  I will do just as you suggest.

On another topic, I have noticed that either one of the tuners "get stuck" on the last usage occasionally.  I can free it up by using 'Manage Devices'.  It seems to hold the last item that it was playing.  It would probably time-out eventually but it reports that there are no tuners available when there should be (particularly if one of the tuners is scannng).  Is this to be expected?
Tim

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 09:56:00 am »

Yes, you are quite correct.  BBC Four is now there ....... and so much more besides.  Obviously many channels only broadcast in the evening.
Getting all the EPG info is another matter though.  I will follow the blogs through on the subject and see if I can improve my listings.
Oh, and by the way, I can now get DMAX FTA!  Success.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 10:08:26 am »

On another topic, I have noticed that either one of the tuners "get stuck" on the last usage occasionally.  I can free it up by using 'Manage Devices'.  It seems to hold the last item that it was playing.  It would probably time-out eventually but it reports that there are no tuners available when there should be (particularly if one of the tuners is scannng).  Is this to be expected?
Tim

There can be multiple causes.  The behavior is not normal but has been seen.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up