INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Load Saved View on Startup  (Read 524 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Load Saved View on Startup
« on: March 09, 2019, 02:29:55 am »

I found my old question:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112281.msg776128/topicseen.html#msg776128

I just wanted to throw it back up because as before, I've been searching for too long in Settings to find a way to load a saved view on startup. The reason I can't find it is because I am looking for a "load view" feature, not a "last exit mode".

The setting indirectly does what I want, if the tabs I had open upon closing MC are the ones I've saved into a view. But if I change the tabs (and I will, using MC), the last exit mode will come up with tabs I didn't save into a view. To make loading MC consistent, a "load saved view" would be a really nice feature.

My suggestion here would be to change this settings' behavior to include "Load saved view" (next to the current options), a setting that works the same as if you'd choose "View, Load / Save, Load ... (pick one).

This way, it will make MC load up the same each time, greatly satisfying my OCD and somewhat authistic brain  ;).

Thanks for considering.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Load Saved View on Startup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 03:48:48 am »

Would also like to see this. 

However, related, if you left tabs open when you last closed MC, EVERY tab gets replaced with whatever you select as startup choice unless it is set to last location, in which case the tabs are how you left them.  This should be "fixed" such that only the first tab contents are replaced by the startup choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up