INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When operating as DLNA renderer, MC won't build cover art thumbnail  (Read 987 times)

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe

MC 24.0.75 64-bit
If I import an album while MC is actively operating as a DLNA renderer, the cover art thumbnail is not built until DLNA playback stops and I clear the queue (using the BubbleUPnP app).

Cover art is embedded in the FLAC files and MC can see it. It shows up in the tag editor window, and will display with View Extras -> View Cover Art. However, no matter how long I wait, MC won't build the thumbnail until its DLNA renderer duties have ended.

edi1970

Re: When operating as DLNA renderer, MC won't build cover art thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:46 pm »

Yes, i also have this...

And also speaking of dlna i have nas dlna server and i am streaming to media renderer, so i am using jriver purely as controller but compared to some other controllers the sound is bit muffled. i made sure all transoding is off...
it is not big difference but my audio system can reveal it.

In my humble opinion, since i really like jriver as audio software (i am not using it for anything else) if there would be android and ios version completely dedicated to hi quality sound (dlna and openhome) i think it would be very popular...

Anyway i hope to see all my dlna thumbnails back in some future upgrade...

Best regards

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: When operating as DLNA renderer, MC won't build cover art thumbnail
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:21:47 pm »

Audio doesn't pass through a DLNA Controller. The Controller just directs the Server to send the audio to the Renderer.

So either the audio is the same as when using another Controller, or you have your setup wrong somewhere. As you are running a DLNA Server on the NAS, have you imported files into MC via the NAS DLNA Server, or do MC records point to the file location on the NAS correctly? Basically, using a DLNA Server on a NAS with MC is a bad idea. Much better to use MC as both the DLNA Server and Controller, and send the audio from there to the Renderer... unless you turn off the PC that MC runs on regularly, and still want a DLNA Server running for other devices to use.

But when using a NAS DLNA Server, even if transcoding is turned off, I think there may be some audio manipulation based on what the advertised capabilities of the Server and Renderer are, which the Controller would have to take into account.

There is an Android version of MC in development. You can buy it now, but it is in early Beta. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119740.0.html

Your Thumbnails should be there now, but if the reported problem above is happening, then they should come back when you stop MC doing anything and refresh the view, while it is connected to the NAS. But if you are using the NAS DLNA Server to provide media information to MC, then all bets are off. It could be a problem with your NAS DLNA Server.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up