INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DFF (dsd) with cue to DLNA Renderer  (Read 1676 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
DFF (dsd) with cue to DLNA Renderer
« on: March 10, 2019, 11:35:55 am »

I have some DFF (DSD) with cue sheets.  The album's track info displays properly. 
Issue is that selecting any track starts playback from start of the album.   Playback information is also incorrect

Is this a limitation of streaming to a renderer or something else like the DSD format?
Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: DFF (dsd) with cue to DLNA Renderer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:16:12 pm »

I have my SACDs ripped as individual dsf files.
I chose this format as the files support tagging with meta data.
I am able to stream them as DSD using DLNA to my Oppo 203, Marantz 7012, Sony SRS-X9, USB Audio Pro on Android without any issues.
I can select individual tracks, stream gapless to devices that support it (i.e. not the Oppo), stream multi-channel files, etc.

So your issue is not a limitation of the DSD format or DLNA but I suspect it maybe an issue with the cue sheet format.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 02:08:20 pm »

.. your issue is not a limitation of the DSD format or DLNA but I suspect it maybe an issue with the cue sheet format.

Indeed. DLNA can’t do cue files. The OP needs to split the original file into individual files for each track.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 03:44:56 pm »

Thanks.  Gapless isn't possible with my renderer which is why I was trying this DFF/CUE solution. 
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 06:02:48 pm »

I feel your pain.
I am still looking for my perfect DLNA renderer.
Something that will accept high res PCM (Flac upto 192k 24bit), DSD (DSD64 would be fine), Multi-channel audio and do them all gapless.

My Marantz will do up to 192k 24bit PCM and DSD128 both gapless but NOT multi-channel, which seems odd for a 9.2 ch receiver!
My Oppo does high res PCM and DSD both multi-channel but NOT gapless, which I feel is essential.
JRiver does all except it cannot pass multichannel DSD to a DAC without converting to PCM, i.e. it will not bitstream DSD over HDMI.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 06:14:10 pm »

I use USB external with my Oppo for the DFF/CUE.   The CUE sheets work fine with my Oppo , but I strongly dislike the interface with the Oppo's Android app. 
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 08:20:05 pm »

I feel your pain.
I am still looking for my perfect DLNA renderer.
Something that will accept high res PCM (Flac upto 192k 24bit), DSD (DSD64 would be fine), Multi-channel audio and do them all gapless.

My Marantz will do up to 192k 24bit PCM and DSD128 both gapless but NOT multi-channel, which seems odd for a 9.2 ch receiver!
My Oppo does high res PCM and DSD both multi-channel but NOT gapless, which I feel is essential.
JRiver does all except it cannot pass multichannel DSD to a DAC without converting to PCM, i.e. it will not bitstream DSD over HDMI.
Our Id product will do all of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up