INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing MCRatings - add IMDb, TMDb, RT and Metacritic Ratings to your movies  (Read 14824 times)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

It doesn't need to be an existing JRiver field, you can create your own, with the limitations I mentioned:
- field type in JRiver - must be a "User Data" field, type "string", not relational, standard edit type.

Field type "list" also works.

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Doesn't work for me. It needed to be stock field. Tried to create couple of new fields with your specifications but no luck. Also my original [Rating IMDb] didn't work anymore. Then tried stock field [TMDb rating] and it worked. Tried another stock field [Camera] and it was accepted also and I'm using that now as a workaround. Strange one...

attached my [IMDb Rating] and MCRatings setup images

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Lepa,
This looks like MCRatings is connecting to a different JRiver instance or library than the one where you create the field.
When MCRatings starts is prints the JRiver version and Library name on the bottom corner - check if those are what you expect.

If you have both JRiver x86 and x64 installed, make sure the current selected library is the same in both, or uninstall one of them (note that you might need to reinstall the other to have MCRatings connection work again).

PS: What's with the bad screenshot for MCRatings? I hope it's not looking like that for you?

lepa

• MC Beta Team

UI is looking fine maybe irfanview just saved to some format that browser can't show properly as image is fine locally. And yes MCRatings should be connected to right MC server (it saves all the other data to library which is open) as I only have x64 MC26 installed.

Could it be that something happened during the transition when I still had also MC25 installed (before I got MC26 configured as I wanted). I can manage by using my workaround but of course it would be nice use your nice program properly

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Can you please check the log in %temp%\MCRatings to see if there's an Exception in JRiverAPI.getFields() ?

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Yup, that's it.

23:24:53.007  EXCEPTION: JRiverAPI.getFields()
   System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at MCRatings.JRiverAPI.getFields()

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Looks like you have 2 fields with the same DisplayName. JRiver 26 doesn't allow that to happen anymore when creating a new field, but if you created it on an earlier version, then it's there.

I assumed field Name and displayName were always unique. This causes MCratings to error out while loading fields, and only keep those loaded until reaching the error.
I have it fixed already in code, will release it next weekend. Meanwhile, you can hunt for your duplicate name. Suggestion: "show only user fields".

lepa

• MC Beta Team

As I don't have visible doubles I guess MC doesn't really delete field but only hides it from user when it is "deleted" and then getfields can get duplicates... My database is originally made with MJ8 or something like that so there is quite history there  ;D
Although I also tried to create completely new [IMDb Score] field which I know I haven't have before and also that one didn't work.

Looking forward the fix. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually found duplicate field [Amazon ASIN]. It's stock and cannot be deleted

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Lepa, v2.07 is now published, fixing this issue.

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Works great. Thanks!

Sauzee

Version 3 is fantastic. Thanks so much!

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Version 3 is fantastic. Thanks so much!

You're welcome ;D

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen

"An offer you can't refuse" - I love it!
Thanx for the 3.1 update.

I have updated via the update functionality in MCRatings.
When I fetch movie info and saving that to JRiver, the info is updated correctly (actors name and role, correct poster and so on)

However, There are no pictures of actors saved to my location as it did before.

the attached screen shot is how it looks and I haven't made any changes to those settings
edit, the second screen shot is from my actors folder
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Arcspin,
Please read this post, and update the Caption.bat script and post-processing command:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124516.msg866064.html#msg866064

For keep your A-Z structure, you should set the Poster folder to:
H:\JRiver\Actors\$name[0]

And post-processing command (with the new script):
c:\scripts\caption.bat $image $name $role $type

rwheaton1

• Recent member

By chance can you pull in more fields from IMDb?

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Which fields do you need?

IMDB's API is actually not free, so the tool pulls info from TMDb and OMDb. TMDB is crowdsourced and very complete, take a look at the info available for some of your movies:
https://www.themoviedb.org/

Note that ZRatings does not support Series, only movies. That may change someday, if I have the time.

PS: perhaps you should post on this thread instead, for the latest version:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125575.0.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up