INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do JRiver have licence verification check for offline machine  (Read 1701 times)

trytototo

I am a new user in Mac, and consider to buy an audiophile player programme to play local FLAC and wav files that I created from my own CD. I don't use any streaming service.

I am planning to buy and install the J river on a Macbook Air. I can activate it online at the moment I purchase, but it will then be used in place with no internet connection later.

Will there be any regular internet license validation check?

May I know the consequence, in case My MBA have no internet connection for months or yrs  after license activation
1) will the JRiver programme completely shut down?
or 2) I can still play my local FLAC files that I created from my CD?
Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Do JRiver have licence verification check for offline machine
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:24:14 pm »

As far as I know, MC never does any extra validation of the license after it is successfully installed.  That license should be good "forever" and not require another Internet check.

The Internet is used for several other parts of MC though like online CD lookups and things.  Finally, I believe there are a small number of CODECs that get downloaded on the fly as MC needs them.  I'm not sure which CODECs are downloaded and which are built in, but I know this has been a problem in the past for some Windows MC users.  I'm not totally sure if this applies to the Mac version or not.  I think you would be safe if you played one of each file type (FLAC, MP3, etc) while connected to the Internet.  That would make sure that MC downloaded the CODECs for all of your file types.  It wouldn't need to do that again unless you upgraded or reinstalled.

Brian.

trytototo

Re: Do JRiver have licence verification check for offline machine
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:59 am »

Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for yr reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up