INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to download cover art from iTunes  (Read 946 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
How to download cover art from iTunes
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »

I have several files where the cover art is not showing in MC. I can see that the cover art exists in iTunes but I can't seem to save the art as image files.

I can the artwork when iTunes aside from doing a screen copy which could take ages is there some other way to access the image files and then either get MC to use that file or to somehow do it in bulk with all the files?

hope this makes sense.

Let me know if I need to explain it better.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to download cover art from iTunes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:39 pm »

In the iTunes tagging dialogue, select the cover art and Copy to clipboard, then Paste from clipboard. This replaces the iTunes cover art link with an actual cover art image embedded in the music track itself.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:59:10 am »

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Sorry for being a bit stupid here, but how do I access the iTunes artwork?

What I did was right click on the artwork, >Album Info>Artwork

When I select the image I get a blue border around it. If I now right click I just get "Delete Artwork" or "Get Album artwork"

I can ctl C and then Ctl V into an image editor like paint, and then save the image as a jpg. I then place this file in the same folder as the audio fliles and then get artwork from MC to see this file.

Is there a quicker way of doing this, becuase I have several files that I need to do this for.

Many thanks

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 04:06:21 am »

Why not just Google, get the best image, copy and paste into Mc Tag window alternative is to save the image and drag into Mc Tag window

Easy peasy
Pages: [1]   Go Up