INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any good music Scraper Plug-ins?  (Read 1589 times)

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Any good music Scraper Plug-ins?
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:17:25 pm »

Any good music scraper plugins?

Would really like MUCH more Metadata for my music.

Data could include:

Bio
Artist - Born Date/ Location -Died
Group -Formed Date/ Location -Ended
Artist - Groups in
Artist - Former Groups in
Group - Members
Group - Former Members

Years Active
Year(s) Peak

Kodi is able to scrape this data from somewhere?
AudioDB.com has the info.

In lieu of a plug-in and finding a source, could MC leverage it's community to source a much better Metadata experience via YADB?
Suggesting more 'standard' tags and having users populate and share results.

It seems it is done already with album art and it seems to be opening this up to 'Artist images' in MC 25.
It also seems to be building playlist sharing among users.

A more robust system of Metadata would enable a more modern looking interface and a better way to interact with your media similar to what streaming sites have.

Picture a tabbed interface running along the top of MC standard view below the now 'playing' song title.
Or just 'right click' a track and choose to view info in a window.

Picture an 'Artist Page' tab with Bio and other Metadata.
Picture a 'Groups/ Members Page' tab showing other groups the artist is in or if a group, members and former members of. All these could be linked.
Picture an 'Album Page' tab with album reviews and credits and liner notes.
Picture a 'Song Page' tab with lyrics, song credits, and links to other versions of the song.
Picture a 'Related Artist' tab showing similar artists with links.

I'm very excited about the upcoming 'Related Artist' function coming to MC 25 and am looking forward to see how they will incorporate it.
But clearly, the future points to more Metadata and the searching and linking or artists using that data.

My free android music app (Black Player) will download artist images and bios and show lyrics (if in tags) in an 'artist page'.
Should MC be able to do the same?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Any good music Scraper Plug-ins?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:06:17 pm »

When you play audio, there are some links in the upper right corner of Playing Now to some of the information you want.

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:01:27 pm »

Thank you for the response.

I am not sure I am understanding what you mean by links and may just be missing them?
Could you explain what I am looking for?

I went to Theater view/ Playing Now and did not seem to notice anything like this.
Did you mean in standard view in the 'tab bar' to the right?
With links to Amazon, AMG,  Google, Images, Wiki, You Tube links?

Sorry for the original rambling post that went off topic and down a rabbit hole of my hopes and dreams.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a good Music Scraper which would pull Metadata similar to what Kodi can pull?

Data is out there: AudioDB.com has the info.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 07:21:48 am »

There used to be an incredible plug-in called atagger that scraped metadata from AMG to your files through Media Center. It was highly configurable, accurate and virtually automatic. Unfortunately, AMG closed it down (along with any online tool pulling content from their site) and atagger is no more.

I'd love to find a similar plugin. Perhaps something that pulls from Wikipedia or Discogs as there would likely be less chance of a legal threat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up